civicsurfer

Almost A Member
Oct 16, 2012
Long Beach
Name
Jo
Boat Name
Ranger 216 Cuddy Cabin boat, Ranger 335V bass boat, Bass Hunter Bass Baby boat
NOAA announced it this morning. It supposed to be a weak El Niño. But here’s to hoping it brings wahoo, dorado, and tuna to the 150:p:

5923219B-648A-4F4B-B4AE-C3554E6D718F.png

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat Name
One that floats
I knew it was only a matter of time before it was officially called. when it rains every other week like this and the Pineapple express starts, there is no doubt in my mind that we have an el nino brewing and i feel it will be a great summer of local surface fishing!!!!!!!!!!!
:hali_olutta::hali_olutta::hali_olutta::hali_olutta:

Upvote 0

RideHPD

Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
Del Mar/Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Eric Marin
Boat Name
10' Model T
A bit odd they didn't call it sooner, since the actual charts have been matching the models they showed over summer when they forecasted a weak ENSO event for a while now.

Upvote 0

Day0ne

I Should Upgrade My Account
Dec 24, 2004
Texas
Name
David
Boat Name
233 Formula Shadowdancer
I knew it was only a matter of time before it was officially called. when it rains every other week like this and the Pineapple express starts, there is no doubt in my mind that we have an el nino brewing and i feel it will be a great summer of local surface fishing!!!!!!!!!!!

"Scientists say that some of the above-normal precipitation this winter in parts of the West is related to subseasonal variability attributed to another climate phenomena, the Madden Julian Oscillation (MJO), rather than El Nino influences. The MJO can trigger enhanced rainfall along the West Coast."

Upvote 0

Maing

Maing
  • Oct 20, 2017
    Washington
    Name
    Maing
    Boat Name
    Me yak fer now
    its been a long time for me, but does this el nino typically bring warmer water to socal or cold water. What does this mean for BFT? is that a no show for them.... is it more a YFT anYT show on the banks???

Upvote 0

here'smymule

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Nov 17, 2010
    Culver City
    Name
    Tony Rezzato
    "Scientists say that some of the above-normal precipitation this winter in parts of the West is related to subseasonal variability attributed to another climate phenomena, the Madden Julian Oscillation (MJO), rather than El Nino influences. The MJO can trigger enhanced rainfall along the West Coast."

Madden Julian Oscillation is the Man Bear Pig of Pacific tropical weather!
    Seriously, I've been looking at Columbia University forecasr
    Madden Julian Oscillation! That is the Man Bear Pig of Pacific Tropical weather.
    What I like is the Columbia University ENSO site. They list by months the probabilities of La Nina, neutral, or El Nino. Strong for all 2019. Numbers tapper off later in year.

Upvote 0