jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
I knew it was only a matter of time before it was officially called. when it rains every other week like this and the Pineapple express starts, there is no doubt in my mind that we have an el nino brewing and i feel it will be a great summer of local surface fishing!!!!!!!!!!!
:hali_olutta::hali_olutta::hali_olutta::hali_olutta:

RideHPD

Enthusiastic Idiot Rookie
Aug 14, 2016
Del Mar/Marina Del Rey, CA
Name
Eric Marin
Boat
10' Model T
A bit odd they didn't call it sooner, since the actual charts have been matching the models they showed over summer when they forecasted a weak ENSO event for a while now.

Day0ne

Well-Known "Member"
Dec 24, 2004
Texas
Name
David
Boat
233 Formula Shadowdancer
I knew it was only a matter of time before it was officially called. when it rains every other week like this and the Pineapple express starts, there is no doubt in my mind that we have an el nino brewing and i feel it will be a great summer of local surface fishing!!!!!!!!!!!
"Scientists say that some of the above-normal precipitation this winter in parts of the West is related to subseasonal variability attributed to another climate phenomena, the Madden Julian Oscillation (MJO), rather than El Nino influences. The MJO can trigger enhanced rainfall along the West Coast."