plj46

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 7, 2008
Socal
Name
john
Boat
24 ft grady white
Last trip I was on, we had limits of BFT from 86 to 168 lb on an all day drift and no one said a thing about the baloney and cheese sandwiches with Miracle Whip for lunch followed by Hamber Helper dinner that was to die for.
Please tell us what boat that was.No such thing as Hamburger Helper "to die for"

tommyc

Hacker
Jul 30, 2011
Livermore, CA
Name
Tom
Boat
Beatem N' Eatem
Some of you all just dont get what I am saying.
OK since this has topped the engagement in this forum for the last few days I'll bite too. I disagree with your take for the most part and think that most of us understand exactly what you experienced and what you are saying. Your skipper chose to buddy up with a few other boats and go for a possible hero or zero move. It's a gutsy call that all of us that have been doing this for a long time fully understand. ESPECIALLY when there is a bluefin bite that is close, that everyone knows about, that you will end up fishing with the Mission Belle and other half day boats and that will likely shut down as bluefin almost always do when boat traffic spikes. Hero or zero calls can shut you out for an entire 3 day trip, (as they have me on the top boats in SD), or they can provide a spectacular experience. It's part of the game and as you have seen most of us don't fault a captain for making that call. Opinions vary and I hope that you kill it on your next trip.

Al B.Fishing

Aug 17, 2012
hb ca usa
Name
gary
Boat
n/a
I like to fish with captains that bust moves and are not radio chasers and be a monkey see, monkey do. Keep fishing, a good trip makes you laugh at the bad ones and they become less bitter.

rickberg

Jul 2, 2009
saratoga ca
Name
rickberg
Boat
17 montauk bostin whaler
The bluefin weren’t biting? Really!
Seen that a few times.
What would Dan Hernandez do?

maxpowers

Jul 25, 2007
Fountain Valley, CA
Name
Mike
Boat
someday a 23' Striper
i hate BFT fishing just because of the amount of time just chucking bait, wait, chuck more bait , wait..but i never complained about any captain as it is in his best interest to get the best possible outcome for his paying customers. Crews on the other hands are hits and misses.