kellygirl

Almost A Member
Nov 20, 2008
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Name
Kelly
Boat
Wellcraft
I know Jeff and Joe very well and they'll be the first one's to tell you that the pelicans are relentless but they would never do anything to harm those birds.

I'm just sayin'...

Upvote 0

Dave Hansen

Yoursaltwaterguide.com
Advertiser
May 26, 2007
Where ever fish need to be caught.
Name
Www.yoursaltwaterguide.com
Boat
YOUR BOAT. ANY WHERE, ANYTIME
This never happened...but it's a great story.

The D.P. bait barge has never been shut down. No one who works or has worked on the bait barge has ever been arrested for anything to do with the harrassment of any animal.

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Jason Jones ( Lone Shark)
Boat
Century 1801, Hobie PA14 & SoA
Jonesy,you fish killin bastard,if we are ever on a boat together beers are on me...
Deal LOL I love my beers! haha...

This shit just gets me worked up! I realize now the poison I was indoctrinated with at times in life and now am smart enough to truly appreciate how special the USA is for what it was founded on...Not for regurgitating the crap that keeps EUrope broke and the people from always having to live under Gov control and not get to experience dreams of prosperity and TRUE freedom

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
Breath folks....... in thru the nose............out thru the mouth!!

DEEP BREATHS................ok

This is nothing!!! I applaud the grom for standing up and setting the record straight in class.

Also, speakers like this are welcome in the school day......... it's not against anything. It's a bonus and shows we need to continue to get kids INTO fishing! That way a speaker from the enviro camp won't mean a thing.

But still............he's 1 guy and spoke 1 day. Not a brain washingunless you let your imagination make it so.

NOW.......the important thing is TELL ALL the bait guys in Socal what was said.

Don't trust that this guy spoke the truth on which Baitbarge they are gunnning for...
Inform them all.........Forwarned is Forarmed folks........if the guys have a heads up on the entire coast... there is NO story.

Time wasted.........go back to HollyGay.....

But for god's sake................BREATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Breathing quite well! bUT I also belive that part of the reason that the enviro nazis have taken so much ground is people sitting back and taking freedoms for granted and not continuing to fight the good fight. Freedom isnt free...Blood was shed in the 17--s 18--s 19--s and these days it seems our fight for freedom does not come from a far but from within...Blood may not be necessarry but sitting idle will hand our precious freedoms away...NEver stop believing IMO and always fight for the right to fish...This may mean we have to make some sacrafices and be okay with conserving our resources and not killing all we catch which Im okay with! One cow tuna in the fridge and EVERY freshwater fish I cath this entire year 5-1600 or so depending on the year lOL are safe~!

Just saying to not lay down and be dumb...These mofos are sneaky at trying to overthrow what most of us appreciate

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
This never happened...but it's a great story.

The D.P. bait barge has never been shut down. No one who works or has worked on the bait barge has ever been arrested for anything to do with the harrassment of any animal.
I dont think he claimed there was an actual arrest unless i read wrong...IF i understand right the claim was birds got hurt or maybe killed and this enviro nazi is wanting to build future evidence as mentioned....

...as much as i like to joke about clubbing seals and throwing rice or bombs to birds the truth is I am a real outdoorsman who appreciates all life including the nuiscance fishes and would never purposely hurt any of them...even the damn seagull in 98 that left a scar for life on my wrist. Its fun to joke about but we arent purposely kiling anything other than fish that we HARVEST to eat like any other livestock or veggie in this country that humans eat...ITs part of the food chain! nature is what it is...and if humans think they cant controll it they are about to be shown something they dont understand like just how much bigger nature is than us LOL

I remember days dealing with the bait co in dana and they were always fine guys...chasing a bird from eatin profits is different than poaching pelicans...sounds like this guy needs to find a real hobby to talk about with the kids...

Upvote 0

tailsurfer

Sep 20, 2007
HB
Name
tailsurfer
Boat
SCOUT RIB
the part that gets me is what the teacher is doing is this part of the class structure ? or is he just out "free thinking" this is my question. if he starts teaching outside the lines go report him.

Its an Oceanography class, so its perfectly fine to have the guy come in and talk about pollution and overfishing. plus my teacher is really cool and takes us down to the beach to study the conditions and he brought in the Surfline crew for a presentation as well. I mainly made sure to speak up and keep him on topic when he started to say things like the seal pups were dying from suposed overfishing off our coast.

Not all was bad, he talked a lot about the bird rescue and stuff like that. Pelicans are not endangered, but threatened. And I would rather chose a ton of jobs over a few pelicans any day.

btw, I got my stress relief. One nice 23" halibut and a short on a plastic. putting post up tommorrow.

Upvote 0

Corndog

Landlocked
Sep 22, 2009
Northern Colorado
Name
Boat
Its an Oceanography class, so its perfectly fine to have the guy come in and talk about pollution and overfishing. plus my teacher is really cool and takes us down to the beach to study the conditions and he brought in the Surfline crew for a presentation as well. I mainly made sure to speak up and keep him on topic when he started to say things like the seal pups were dying from suposed overfishing off our coast.

Not all was bad, he talked a lot about the bird rescue and stuff like that. Pelicans are not endangered, but threatened. And I would rather chose a ton of jobs over a few pelicans any day.

btw, I got my stress relief. One nice 23" halibut and a short on a plastic. putting post up tommorrow.
Well done on the 23! in a bay or out on the big water?...btw I think my oceanography teacher may have been a pot head

Upvote 0

tailsurfer

Sep 20, 2007
HB
Name
tailsurfer
Boat
SCOUT RIB
Beach. see my last surf thread. Another guy got a 25" with live smelt. He started to pms when i got a 20" on my 4th cast and he had not caught anything. I barely saved myself from the first cast curse when I pulled my bait away from a 4" chaser. he got a lot of shorts and then started flaming when I got the keeper on a plastic when at the time he only had a got few shorts. After all his hard work of catching bait and hauling it down he only got a 25". plastics work just as good as live bait in the surf!

Upvote 0

LTBOLTMAN

Team Tail Chasers
Oct 15, 2006
San Diego
Name
Leoman
Boat
Davis Bahia 25 Pilot House
Breathing quite well! bUT I also belive that part of the reason that the enviro nazis have taken so much ground is people sitting back and taking freedoms for granted and not continuing to fight the good fight. Freedom isnt free...Blood was shed in the 17--s 18--s 19--s and these days it seems our fight for freedom does not come from a far but from within...Blood may not be necessarry but sitting idle will hand our precious freedoms away...NEver stop believing IMO and always fight for the right to fish...This may mean we have to make some sacrafices and be okay with conserving our resources and not killing all we catch which Im okay with! One cow tuna in the fridge and EVERY freshwater fish I cath this entire year 5-1600 or so depending on the year lOL are safe~!

Just saying to not lay down and be dumb...These mofos are sneaky at trying to overthrow what most of us appreciate

yep, just takes one poison pill flipped out there and swallowed by some gullible and they become the next radical MLPA advocate or worse

Upvote 0

Dave Hansen

Yoursaltwaterguide.com
Advertiser
May 26, 2007
Where ever fish need to be caught.
Name
Www.yoursaltwaterguide.com
Boat
YOUR BOAT. ANY WHERE, ANYTIME
Sealions are dying from starvation because 25 years ago we decided to play God. We decided that sealions were not to dye for any reason, not even from natural causes like lung worm or starvation. Here's what we did as a people. We gave the sick and dying sealions antibiotics and in turn, the sealions passed the antibiotic onto the rookeries. Then low and behold we had a "super species". Nothing can kill them. They live longer and get bigger then ever before. Right now, in so cal, there are 100,000 sealions. Fours years ago that number was 40,000. This is how the sealion population grew so big so fast. Female sealions get pregnant in the third trimester of their pregnancy. Yes, she gets pregnant while she's pregnant (two uterus'). Let's say out of 100,000 sealions, 60,000 are females. Double that figure every 9 months. Do the math.

Been to Catalina or Clemente lately?

20 years ago a full grown male sealion weighed anywhere between 400 - 600 lbs. Now we see lots of 1000 lbers.

20 years ago the average life span of a sealion was 20-30 years. Today we see sealions in their 50s.

There are no predators. We took care of all the white sharks in the late '70s and early '80s (thanks Jaws). The killer whales won't come into the bay from Point Conception to the Mexican border because of noise pollution.

Upvote 0

Hophead

When’s the next trip
Jun 26, 2004
san diego
Name
ryan
Boat
22’ Seaway
Any measure taken to keep us from fishing Point loma to LJ. If they can't close with the state then take the bait. Go clean up the TJ river!

Upvote 0

DaveR

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Feb 22, 2006
Irvine
Name
David
Boat
28' Skipjack
This shit just gets me worked up! I realize now the poison I was indoctrinated with at times in life and now am smart enough to truly appreciate how special the USA is for what it was founded on...Not for regurgitating the crap that keeps EUrope broke and the people from always having to live under Gov control and not get to experience dreams of prosperity and TRUE freedom

Well said bro... and more Freedom is what this country needs, sooner, not later! F
n constant govt expansion is killing us.

Less birds on the bait barge wouldn't hurt anything either... Just sayin' :rofl:

Upvote 0

M/V Santa Rosa

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 17, 2006
san diego
Name
Tommy
Boat
20 foot bayrunner
Hey TAILSURFER, thanks for posting that, and always remember to stick to your guns, Be polite about things, always say thanks and move along. At your young age, it is easy to swing to the other side. Go with what you know in your heart and try to remember stay calm.

Thanks again for the report, keep your head up

Upvote 0

BigJack

I Should Upgrade My Account
Aug 20, 2008
Austin Tx
Name
jack
Boat
24' fiber form
I came from a school that preached MLPA, people would riot if that was done anywhere else like texas bama, LA, florida.

Upvote 0

Phat Matt

Matt
Jun 30, 2003
San Clemente
Name
PhAT Matt
Boat
2320 Parker - MISS EMMA
Just put a few Aussie Shepherds on the barge and they would keep the pelicans away from the slammer. I have witnessed first hand when shutting the slammer a pecker head will try to get a mouth full at the last second and get hit by the lid. Not the bait barges operators fault at all!! Just a greedy pecker head trying to get a free easy meal just like the rest of the liberal demo hand outs quacks.

I want put this out to all local DP fisherman. If see these enviros quack filming the barge or fishing our local waters ...SWAMP THEM AT FULL SPEED. They can go have a circle jerk with Obama and his cronys.

Matty

Upvote 0

marlinmike

head rigger in charge
Jan 22, 2008
lure heaven
Name
MR.P
Boat
6'4'' viking R. I. P.

well said youngster and like others have said keep your mind ,ears and eyes ALWAYS open and you will succeed in life you must have good parents. and congrats on the flatty that was some good karma right there!!!!

big mike @ meltons

Upvote 0

tailsurfer

Sep 20, 2007
HB
Name
tailsurfer
Boat
SCOUT RIB
Just put a few Aussie Shepherds on the barge and they would keep the pelicans away from the slammer. I have witnessed first hand when shutting the slammer a pecker head will try to get a mouth full at the last second and get hit by the lid. Not the bait barges operators fault at all!! Just a greedy pecker head trying to get a free easy meal just like the rest of the liberal demo hand outs quacks.

I want put this out to all local DP fisherman. If see these enviros quack filming the barge or fishing our local waters ...SWAMP THEM AT FULL SPEED. They can go have a circle jerk with Obama and his cronys.

Matty

Have you seen Nacho's two dogs on his barge. cool guy, funny dogs.

Upvote 0

Phat Matt

Matt
Jun 30, 2003
San Clemente
Name
PhAT Matt
Boat
2320 Parker - MISS EMMA
Have you seen Nacho's two dogs on his barge. cool guy, funny dogs.

I have..even Gundy use to have his choc lab on the barge at DP. Next thing you know the enviros will be telling us that the bait guy is cruel to his dog for letting him chase birds all day and having fun. :imdumb:

Keep it up kid..you have a good level head on your shoulders!!!! Nice Work!

Matty

Upvote 0

BMThompson

Almost A Member
May 18, 2009
San Diego, CA US
Name
Brian
Boat
13'5, Hobie Revolution, Shelly
Zoltán "Zoli" Téglás
New lead singer of Pennywise as of Feb.2010
Man, I used to love that band...Oh well- didn't much care for their new crap anyway.

Upvote 0

sitonmyface

SEXNOW
Oct 20, 2008
San Marcos
Name
Brandon
Boat
Sportboat
I've seen sea-birds murdered before. (pelicans, gulls and cormorants)

I cried a little on the inside.

Not something a lifelong angler/waterman would condone.

The main reason I love to fish is because I love nature.

I've learned more from a tern than I ever will from an animal abuser.

What a fucking hippie!

Upvote 0

sdfishkiller

Cod Smuggler
Mar 13, 2005
Point Loma
Name
Todd Victor Mora
Boat
19' Whaler: EL SUPER LIZARDFISH
What a fucking hippie!

Maybe more like a Buddhist, as far as I believe in the sanctity of all life.

Then again I have gone to a few Grateful Dead concerts before.

I always thank the Fish Gods for the bounty they have bestowed on me as I bleed my tuna!

You should try it. It feels good.

:urno1:

Upvote 0