koubster

The Juice
May 30, 2009
Brentwood ca
Name
Orenthal james Simpson
Boat
SS white bronco
I'm looking to book a 2 day trip on the Eclipse out of Seaforth. Anyone have any experience with the boat and crew? Thanks!

Absolutely outstanding crew.....highly recommended
the boat fishes killer too, tons of run around deck space like a jumbo Davis..
and they keep a clean and tight ship...

Upvote 0

HBTRANSPLANT

fISH fINDER
Jul 12, 2012
huntington beach
Name
craig
Boat
Many, but are none are mine
fished 10 days with them this year. Limited load, and outstanding Captain(s) and crew. Rides great, fish holds are top notch, food is awesome (if your into that) and they absolutely go the distance and take risks that almost always pay off. Maye the best kept "not so secret" secret out there.
GO KILL THEM WITH THE ECLIPSE. :hali_olutta:

Upvote 0

HBTRANSPLANT

fISH fINDER
Jul 12, 2012
huntington beach
Name
craig
Boat
P.S. If you go and it's not Mark or Chris that's running the trip in the wheelhouse, have no fear it will be Cpt Steve or Cpt Adam. Both know the dril VERY, VERY WELL !

Upvote 0

Chark

Jun 27, 2007
HB, CA
Name
Mark Smith
Boat
25 Luhrs - CharkBait
Long range quality food, service and deckhands, great skipper, top notch operation. The owners/operators of the Eclipse do a great job, take care of their crew, and it shows. Love fish'n with 'em.
Great Stuff<
Mark

Upvote 0

caserock

Student of life ....
Nov 29, 2005
Costa Mesa
Name
Mike
Boat
La Otra
Great to hear ...doing my 1st trip with them in mid july on a 2.5 day charter. I remember riding this slead when it was called the Cat Special back in the day ... yes I am old.

Upvote 0

NachoOne

Not your normal Nachos
May 8, 2009
So Cal., CA. USA
Name
Nacho
Boat
Long Gone
The Captain and crew are great, the cook if it is the same fellow is outstanding as he bring his own home stuff. You pay for a one price for all the coffee and soda you can drink. Also, Mark never quits looking to put you on a bite, never. The bunks in the middle outside are extreme wide. Best boat ever without having to sell your children to hunt fish!

Upvote 0

mattsfishn

Nov 27, 2005
San Diego
Name
Matt
Boat
Someday
First post, ever,(joined '05). First 2.5 day, ever. Haven't fished in forever and I'm jacked the F up about going on the Eclipse tonight!!! I met Capt. Mark 2yrs ago at Fred hall and been dying to ride his boat since. That time is here.
Question: have only 2 reels (w/crappy rods) torium20 and penn 500 ,looking for line suggestions.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
First post, ever,(joined '05). First 2.5 day, ever. Haven't fished in forever and I'm jacked the F up about going on the Eclipse tonight!!! I met Capt. Mark 2yrs ago at Fred hall and been dying to ride his boat since. That time is here.
Question: have only 2 reels (w/crappy rods) torium20 and penn 500 ,looking for line suggestions.
I would put #30lb on the Torium and 40 on the 500, bring some flour #25lb 30 and 40

Upvote 0

HBTRANSPLANT

fISH fINDER
Jul 12, 2012
huntington beach
Name
craig
Boat
I would put #30lb on the Torium and 40 on the 500, bring some flour #25lb 30 and 40

x2 exactly what he said. Watch your line, no angles to tangles and your stoked. They have more than adequate troll gear on deck.

Eclipse 1.5 day 7 29 010.JPG

This was last years early trip on the Eclipse 1.5 I think we had 50+ YT and 30+ BF. Punked em every trip last year on her ! 65 footer with a wide super fishable beam. GO GET EM !

Upvote 0

mattsfishn

Nov 27, 2005
San Diego
Name
Matt
Boat
Someday
Will definitely bring hook options and some weight.
Hook size depends on bait. Bring a few options for yourself and some weights

x2 exactly what he said. Watch your line, no angles to tangles and your stoked. They have more than adequate troll gear on deck.

View attachment 517116

This was last years early trip on the Eclipse 1.5 I think we had 50+ YT and 30+ BF. Punked em every trip last year on her ! 65 footer with a wide super fishable beam. GO GET EM !
It's been about ten years since I've been on a deck looking like that. Then again haven't fished much since, either. Can't catch em if you don't go!!

Upvote 0

mattsfishn

Nov 27, 2005
San Diego
Name
Matt
Boat
Someday
Little late ,but better than never. Memorial 2.5 day was a success all the way around. I don't get out much ,but now when I do, it'll be on the eclipse. Top notch operation from their office help to cook,deck and captain! We left the dock at 7 sharp, tied up our gear, and had a hint of what was to be food wise, with a great appetizer plate along with a briefing from Capt.Mark. Traveled all morning while troling until 1:30ish ,stopping on just a couple paddys or troll stops, knowing we were not interested in much more than getting to where Mark thought the fish were. I picked up one yellowfin on iron about 11am., it felt good to get a fish under my belt. Fished until dark with a total of 3 yellowfin, all on iron, to finish the day. Eating on this boat was a huge part of the experience for me, a taste of the long range fare (from what i'm told)on a short trip ,was great. Steak and mashed potatoes for dinner and root beer float with warm chocolate chip cookies mixed in for dessert, delicious. Sunday morning comes and I'm soaking a bait by 4am. Picked up a yellowtail pretty quick. Then nothing until about 8am. Again I'm throwing iron like I did the day prior when the captain comes on and says "guys there is lots of big bluefin under the boat, put away the jigs and start using bait, #40-#50 is what I recommend". I only had #30 on my torium at this point, as my penn500 with #40 had crapped out early in the morning. My only two rigs. So I tied on a 3/0 and butt hooked a nice sized dine. First cast I got picked up.....45minutes later the captain gaffed my first bluefin, #58. I was stoked to say the least, and at the same time, it fucking destroyed me ,and my reel. I didn't fish anymore after that , although many people offered to lend me gear. It was the most fun I've ever had on a trip, and can't wait to go again. Now I need to get more gear. After I get the torium fixed, I'm leaving the penn500 at home picking up something a little nicer. I'll load some pics when I figure out how.

Reactions: kevin.st
Upvote 0

yessokk

Luck favors the well prepared.
Sep 18, 2006
Costa Mesa, Cailf
Name
Walt
Boat
11 ft Sears W/Duel 5.2hp
The Memorial Day trip was my first ride on the Eclipse and I hit the Trifecta.
Clean boat, a bonafide "Hunter" for a Captain and food fit for a ravenous angler.
You will not be disappointed the Eclipse is one of the best.

Walt

Reactions: kevin.st
Upvote 0

OIF VET

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 26, 2010
North OC
Name
Brian
Boat
nope
The eclipse is a great boat just like the pacific voyager. They are both at the top of their game for trips up to 3 or 4 days. What I wanted to say was Mark and partners have a new boat called the commander out if fishermans landing. Don't be afraid to try it out. It's a little different than the eclipse and may not be as nice as the eclipse yet but with marks head geared always towards customer service I would not be afraid to fish it ever. By the way I have no affiliation with any of these boats besides a loyal passenger. Hope you guys all have some tight lines and the fleet has a great year.

Upvote 0

Yolo

Outcasts
May 30, 2006
San Diego
www.sandiegofishingclub.com
Name
Mike
Boat
Relentless
This fish was picked up by my buddy Troy on the 24th on the Eclipse. He was fishing 30lb on a star drag reel (Torium 20) as they were fishing for small schoolie yellowfin when the bigger boys came through. Quite an accomplishment. Fish are out there. Eclipse is a clean, customer service focus, good food...they just posted their summer schedule.

Upvote 0

finishright

May 17, 2008
Oceanside Ca.
Name
Mike Morris
Boat
prowler kayak
Matt glad you had a pleasant experience they're a great group you should have told the deck hands about your gear I know they would have set you up with a rig to fish go getem next time

Upvote 0