Barking Spider
Jul 18, 2006
Tehachapi, CA
www.landofmayo.com
Name
Mark
Boat
Vagabond & Royal Star
When folks don’t want the fish, they get steak. I think everyone wins when fish is donated to the galley. I do this every trip and have yet to hear a complaint from the chef or fishermen or crew. Even the non fish folks are happy with their steaks. You have to tell the chef and not surprise them with your dislike of fish.

Reactions: Bill W

nicodemus

Fish, he said softly, aloud. I’ll stay with you...
Apr 10, 2012
The 505
Name
Nick B
Boat
African Queen
In my approximately 70 meals on LR trips (yeah, still a newbie in the LR meal category), I can't say I've ever been disappointed. Sure, some are better than others, but most are really, really good. I'm not a picky eater. Poke, sashimi, sushi, ceviche, grilled, baked, broiled, fried...fish just doesn't get any better (fresher) than on a LR boat (for me). I live in the middle of a desert. My LR processed fish is the freshest any of my friends and extended family members have eaten. Don't have a lot of options here - stocked trout, bass, white bass... My daughter grew up in Alaska, eating fresh halibut, rockfish, lingcod and salmon. Back here in NM, when she was 8, I took her to a local pond and she caught a quick limit of stocked trout. I fried them up just like I fry halibut. She took one bite and said, "Dad, this tastes like dirt." Out of the mouths of babes. The only thing I'd like to have that none of the boats I've been on provide is this: But I guess I can invest in a French press!

Yellowtail Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 10, 2006
Roseville Ca
Name
Dan
Boat
Excel, American Angler
I don’t mind fish on our trips as long as it’s cooked well and differently then I can.

I was never a fan of swordfish until Josh started serving it on the AA uSually the first night out. Amazing dish with a sauce that is off the hook?