Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
18' Crestliner Superhawk, 14' Tracker "Fish Git' RRR"
What eastern Sierra lakes don't have a 2 stroke ban? I'm thinking of going to either Crowley, Convict, Upper-Lower Twin, maybe Isabella, but don't know if they have 2 stroke motor restrictions. The following link lists California 2 stroke restricted lakes didn't mention the lakes I'm looking at. I thought I saw some of these lakes had restrictions when I was up there a few years ago.

Local Restrictions on Personal Watercraft and/or Two-Stroke Engines

I'm going to take my boat with 7.5HP Mercury 2 stroke and don't want to get up to one of these lakes only to find out I'm SOL. :imdumb:

Thanks for the info!

Sortasober

Rarely fish w/o the kids
Mar 3, 2006
Tustin
Name
Steve
Boat
Sold the last 3, now looking
No prob on Isabella, Eastern sierra ? Hit Crowleys website, get some Big Browns and how bout some pics. RAPALA

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
Isabella is my 1st choice as it's close to my in-laws place, but I would rather get to some cooler weather, Convict, Upper Lower Twin lakes, Sabrina. Plus, I hear it blows at Isabella in the afternoon and my jon boat isn't too good in 2-3' chop.

I called Crowley they don't have a 2 stroke ban, but the bait ban might keep me from going there as I'm taking the kid and want to get him into some fish,,,, even if I have to resort to using bait :D

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Dan, I think thats no finbait?? Are they saying no crawlers??

Steve K

Hey, I'm gettin' bit...
Jan 2, 2005
Bishop
Name
Steve
Boat
18' Bayrunner, but I like the American Angler and the Red Rooster III
Dan, I think thats no finbait?? Are they saying no crawlers??
Second half of the season at Corwley is barbless hooks, artificials only. I mash down the barbs on all my lures anyway. I fish the #9 black and gold Rapala with only the tail hook as the Browns love to roll up in the line and almost always get both hooks in them somehow. Makes it tough to release them that way.

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
Yup, artificials only on Crowley this time of year, MAN style fishing... I'll just have to remember to smash the hook barbs if I go to Crowley.

Steve, I shot you a PM about fishing up by Bishop.

fishdontcare

Well-Known "Member"
Sep 5, 2006
redlands, ca.
Name
mark
Boat
19' delta center console
No 2 stroke ban in the eastern sierra lakes yet. Lake Tahoe is the only lake that is 4 stroke; no two stroke.

1:11

WMDcustoms
Jul 28, 2005
Name
Boat
Dan, if you stop in Bishop make sure to bring your waders so you can fish Weir pond. Fish it for a few hours then launch at South Lake. Good fishing in South lake, especially with a boat so you can troll up bigger browns.

Fishrdan

3# carp VS 40# striper
Nov 10, 2005
Vegas Baby!
Name
Dan
Boat
Thanks for the tips guys, but I never made it up there. Probably for the best anyway since it would have been a mad house with the 3 day weekend. Going to try Twin Lakes in a month or so, either that or Fish lake UT.