Captain
Sep 11, 2004
Long Beach
www.sport-fishing.com
Name
Dan Hernandez
Boat
Mi Sueno
I got invited to go fishing with some friends last Sunday aboard the Eldorado. TJ took us to San Clemente to fish for yellowtail. We started fishing around 4AM hoping to find a WSB, but nothing happened until 7:15. For about two hours we had a good bite on yellows from 8-14 pounds with a a few larger ones mixed in. Most of the yellows were taken on live squid fished with a 1oz. sliding sinker and a 4/0 hook, I used a 1oz HD B52 bucktail as usual. Carlos one of the guys on the trip landed and released a 200 pound black sea bass. We finished the day on the front side of the island catching nice size rock fish. I have a filming trip on this boat in June and can't wait to fish on the Eldorado again.
carlos.jpg
big red.jpg
black.jpg
yellows.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg
reds.jpg

Upvote 0

the SLIDER

https://multimediabylj.com
Jun 11, 2015
Dana Point
Name
L J
Boat
arima - the SLIDER
Daaan? We want to see the big black bass. Is this a tease to make us want to watch the show?

Blimp reds, nice work.

red-blimp-blue-sky-997237.jpg

Are you cooking fish, drinking bear, watching TV? You keep on loading pictures.

Next time I'll wait till tomorrow to post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muckfish
Upvote 0

watersdeep

I CATCH IT. I KILL IT. I CLEAN IT. I DON'T DELIVER
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Pm sent Dan

Upvote 0

apogee

My name is Apogee and I am a Squidaholic
Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
Boston Whaler Outrage 28 (End Game)
Was that BSB with a gaff in it's throat?

Upvote 0

charliecat

on a fishin' mission
Jun 2, 2015
Name
charlie cat
Boat
14' -50' , bunch of boats
Yeah, was curious what that stick was there going into bottom of the BSB?

Upvote 0

apogee

Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
no the gaff was not in the fish, they just used the gaff to push the down until it was ready to swim away.
Thats good. Did it swim away or did it stay belly up? How deep of water were you in?

Upvote 0

apogee

Jan 29, 2009
Bakersfield
Name
Apogee..
Boat
we were in 75 feet of water, it stayed there for about two minutes and the crew keep pushing it down and then it turned upright and swam away fast.
Nice.... I keep one of those release devices aboard for these type of occasions...Popping it's swim bladder just kills the fish where you cannot see it...

Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
Nice.... I keep one of those release devices aboard for these type of occasions...Popping it's swim bladder just kills the fish where you cannot see it...
I've hooked several big blacks at Catalina and it takes work and dedication to get these fish back down and swimming. We've even got in the water to help get them down. Thankfully we've never had to resort to anything major.

Upvote 0