east elliot bay wild kings

kwik_wurk

Apr 10, 2012
Indianola & Browns Point
Name
kwik_wurk
Boat
Montauk, Sailfish 2360, and Johnson18
Per the emergency announcement, there doesn’t seem to be any wild king restrictions. Is this true and properly interpreted?

——
August 6, 2020

Chinook daily limits increase to 2 fish in Marine Area 10; Elliot Bay fishery to open 4 more days

Action: Allows retention of up to 2 hatchery Chinook in most areas of Marine Area 10 and opens the East Elliot Bay Fishery for an additional 4 days.

Effective and locations and rules:

1) Marine Area 10, except the East Elliot Bay Fishery and Year-round piers: Aug. 7 through Aug. 31, 2020: Salmon; Chinook - min. size 22". Daily limit 2. Release chum and wild Chinook.

2) East Elliot Bay Fishery, waters of Elliott Bay east of a line from Duwamish Head to Pier 91 up to the mouth of the Duwamish River (an east-west line through the southernmost tip of Harbor Island): from 12:00 p.m. (noon) Aug. 14 through Aug. 17, 2020: Salmon; Chinook - min. size 22". Daily limit 2. Release chum.

Species affected: Chinook salmon
——

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Ummm, chinook = king?

the red part I circled says hatchery chinook

B2C527D7-A6B4-4B28-831F-B50C532C755D.jpeg

danny warren

Almost A Member
Jun 1, 2014
Name
Danny
Boat
14ft minnow,17ft Willies driftboat
It says most areas. Then detail breakout for East bay and it’s not stated for wild chinook closure like it does for the rest of area 10. Looks open per my interpretation of the rules

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
It's over this year anyways. Closed at noon. But I did ask WDFW at Alki ramp this exact question and was told it was NOT mark selective. Keep em all.

saltchuckmatt

Long time puget sound fisherman
Sep 21, 2014
Seattle
Name
matthew paulsen
Boat
19 ft. campion Etec lover!
WDFW quotes and actions.

1) Kings have a low return so keep two instead of one. (Makes sense)
2) Keep wild fish that go up the green. (another good one)
3) Non native commercials took to much crab so here's another month of unrecorded crab catch to YOU GUYs. Oh, but natives get to carpet bomb while you drop yours (Okay)
4) Puget sound Orca's only like kings. They are their own species. (seems like a pod or a family)
5) We don't know why we have so many spot prawns....lets limit the resource. ( Gosh it wasn't because we let them drag the bottom and destroy the bottom fish was it?)

Lets do hatchery...lets not do hatchery, wait what shit... Lets sit around and think of ways we can get paid to do everything wrong. (now that one they got right!

Said me peace now I'm going to bed.

Hunter Dan

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 30, 2011
Stauffer
Name
Dan
Boat
MUGWUMP
Green/Duwamish river Chinook are an integrated stock. Zero genetic difference between clipped hatchery fish and natural spawners. Green river fish were extensively used in most hatchery programs around the state for decades.