East county bait and tackle bad business.

TunaChaser20

Captain
  • Jan 13, 2013
    Santee ca
    Name
    Albert P
    Boat
    La Guera
    I live in eastcounty,and went Friday afternoon to ecbt… bought some hooks and some floor. Saturday while I was fishing for blue fin. I get picked up on the sinker rig ,and as soon as I start putting some pressure on the fish line breaks (the floro) graves another setup and drop down, get picked up and as soon as I put pressure… line breaks. Grabbed the floro 50 lbs and wrap it around my hands pull on line and it breaks. The next day I go back to east county bait and tackle and tell them that the line was bad . Show them my receipt and tell them I want different line . They did not want to give me replacement line. The manager said I had to take it up with Berkeley. He pretty much said not my problem. At this point I was getting pissed and told them that the line broke in my hand and I was securing the line . The guy behind the counter grabs the line and pulls on it. Says it good. I ask for some gloves and wrap the floro around my hands and the line just snaps .. and the guy still did not want to give me a replacement line. Luckily there was an older guy and told the guy that 50 pound test should not break that easy. So finally after all of that he calls back his manager and told him what had just happened an finally agrees to give me a replacement line. I spend a lot of money at that store. Just two weeks ago I had bought a Mac 16 special edition.. over 600 bucks. Never going back to that store again. I’ll just take my business to Anglers Arsenal.

aussiefisho
    aussiefisho
    Absolute bummer mate. They obviously have no idea as to what your lifetime purchases have been & could have continued being. Very short sighted view of their customer.
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

TunaChaser20

Captain
  • Jan 13, 2013
    Santee ca
    Name
    Albert P
    Boat
    La Guera
    I looked everywhere I can’t find my post!! If someone is offended by my post (East county bait and tackle) then what is the purpose of having a forum? East county bait and tackle are also owned by the Dana landing tackle /deli. So it’s not a mom and pop store . I should’ve have to go though all the bullshit. It was just 2 rolls of floro… and who ever moved my post … please show me where it got moved too!

Upvote 0

cortezpirasea

Pangero
    Feb 23, 2012
    la mesa, ca
    Name
    Russell
    Boat
    21 ft panga Sea Moan/17 ft gregor Pirasea II
    Yeah, It's hard to shop there.

Upvote 0

jrodda

Your Ad Here!
    Sep 8, 2012
    United States
    Name
    Jeremy Rodda
    Boat
    15' Saturn SK470XL "Mosquito"
    I looked everywhere I can’t find my post!! If someone is offended by my post (East county bait and tackle) then what is the purpose of having a forum? East county bait and tackle are also owned by the Dana landing tackle /deli. So it’s not a mom and pop store . I should’ve have to go though all the bullshit. It was just 2 rolls of floro… and who ever moved my post … please show me where it got moved too!

still in fishing chit chat as far as i see.

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 6.48.15 PM.png

Reactions: kevina
    Upvote 0

michael e. bingham

I Should Upgrade My Account
    May 26, 2015
    Name
    Pura Vida
    Boat
    Pura Vida 30' Custom Panga
    Case made , shit happens and I get why you are pissed off , I don`t agree with how it got handled but I also don`t think it`s their fault I would have called Berkeley and told them there product is shit and im going too tell everyone I fish with don`t buy you`re product , I hate to see any bad press for any small business when it`s the big corporation putting out shitty line , just my 2 cents worth

Upvote 0

c-goat

HELL BENT FOR FEATHER
    May 4, 2004
    santee ca.
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    08 DEFIANCE 220 ex Sheri-Moon
    I wish you would have video taped breaking 50lb floro with your hands.Theres gotta be a reason why this broke,maybe old?

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
    Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    So you squeaked got greased and still went on the internet to blast them?

Do you feel like their employees were somehow responsible for the bad line?

TunaChaser20

Captain
  • Jan 13, 2013
    Santee ca
    Name
    Albert P
    Boat
    La Guera
    Case made , shit happens and I get why you are pissed off , I don`t agree with how it got handled but I also don`t think it`s their fault I would have called Berkeley and told them there product is shit and im going too tell everyone I fish with don`t buy you`re product , I hate to see any bad press for any small business when it`s the big corporation putting out shitty line , just my 2 cents worth
    I get that, however they are no mom and pop store… they own the tackle store / deli at Dana landing . And it’s not like I was asking to get something for free. I paid good money.

Upvote 0

TunaChaser20

Captain
  • Jan 13, 2013
    Santee ca
    Name
    Albert P
    Boat
    La Guera
    So you squeaked got greased and still went on the internet to blast them?

Do you feel like their employees were somehow responsible for the bad line?
    Well why don’t you tell me what you would have done, if they say not my problem? Even though I bought the line there!

Upvote 0

Carl

Bridesmaid,,,,,,,Again
    Nov 29, 2004
    San Diego
    Name
    Carl
    Boat
    everyone elses
    Well why don’t you tell me what you would have done, if they say not my problem? Even though I bought the line there!
    IF I went and talked to them and they hooked me up in the end I sure as hell wouldn't then go blast them on the internet.

Even if it was something where they were in error. Talk it out, resolve it, end of story.

Blackfish
    Blackfish
    Come on man, you know BD is short for “Yelp”
    Upvote 0
    Upvote 0

Noms

Dirty taco maker
  • Aug 12, 2017
    San Diego
    Name
    Angel
    Boat
    15 foot tin can
    Some of the employees can be very stuck up. My first time there I asked if they did layaway. Because not all of us can afford to drop 500 and change on a reel in one go. They basically laughed in my face and said no. Was only asking because other local tackle shops do accept layaway. At least you got your replacement line. I usually won't go there for any saltwater gear. Unless I'm in area and want spottie gear.

Upvote 0

TunaChaser20

Captain
  • Jan 13, 2013
    Santee ca
    Name
    Albert P
    Boat
    La Guera
    IF I went and talked to them and they hooked me up in the end I sure as hell wouldn't then go blast them on the internet.

Even if it was something where they were in error. Talk it out, resolve it, end of story.
    They didn’t hook me up… I paid for a product ! I’m not rich, I’m not going to throw away 40 bucks because they didn’t want to replace the bad line!

Reactions: dh515
    Upvote 0

kevina

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Sep 10, 2006
    redondo beach
    Name
    kev
    Boat
    25' aqua sport
    They didn’t hook me up… I paid for a product ! I’m not rich, I’m not going to throw away 40 bucks because they didn’t want to replace the bad line!
    Understandable, But they ended up replacing the spool and you still bad mouthed them. In the end, If they didn't replace different story. You should of Contacted Berkley from the start they are who sold it to them. I would like to hear the other side of the story!!

Upvote 0

swami 805

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Mar 9, 2016
    Name
    Bill
    Boat
    sunk it
    So do you think that shop left the rest of that floro on the shelf for some other fisherman to buy or did they send it all back to Berkely? Bad batch or just crappy line?

Upvote 0