albiedamned

Aug 4, 2005
HENDERSON
Name
Jack
Boat
Rampage
I'm talking CC boats in the 30'-40' range, Yellowfin, Seavee, Contender, Invincible, Jupiter ect....
Assuming that factory bait tanks don't do a very good job of keeping our bait too happy.
Are West Coast guys modifying the factory tanks or installing West Coast tanks?
Considering a CC in the low 30' range, and the bait tank thing is holding me back.

Upvote 0

clevel

Skipper
  • Jun 4, 2011
    Laguna Niguel
    Name
    Cabo Jack
    Boat
    Cobia 261
    The center console brands you listed are all very reputable fishing machines and so their bait system is first class too! You will find insulated oval shaped bait tanks to circulate the water and bait, blue gelcoat walls and clear polymer lids to calm the bait, directional and flow volume control nozzles, and many of the newer models have pressurized lids to prevent bait slosh when running in choppy waters. Happy hunting!

Upvote 0

clevel

Skipper
  • Jun 4, 2011
    Laguna Niguel
    Name
    Cabo Jack
    Boat
    Cobia 261
    clevel, not being a jerk here, but do have experience with those EC bait tanks?
    Yup, I looked at many and i bought a new 2018 Cobia center console with an excellent bait tank. Made in Florida.

1627584366844.png

Last edited:
    Reactions: Shewillbemine
    Upvote 0

Shewillbemine

"should of" is NOT a thing
  • Oct 19, 2012
    California
    Name
    Shewillbemine
    Boat
    Chips N Guac
    At 30' and longer, I think those boats hold even our baits quite well. None of the guys I've seen who have brought over boats that long also put in aftermarket bait tanks.

Upvote 0