Big Bay Yachts

Rob Seale

Jul 23, 2015
Rancho
Name
Rob Seale
Boat
Na
I am in the market for a towable 29 foot center console. Question. Why don't we see more east coast boats out here? Everglades, contender etc can handle the Pacific. Thanks for any feedback. Rob.

Upvote 0

jeffrey caliri

Almost A Member
Sep 20, 2015
DANA POINT
Name
JEFFREY
Boat
BOSTON WHALER, GRADY WHITE
It's kind of a hassle for most buyers to buy on the east coast and have it sent here, if your in the 15-20k price range it's usually more economical to buy here if your looking at higher end yes it might be worth the effort. Most people I know with contenders, yellowfins etc love their boats so much they don't sell that's probably why you don't see them. Plus contenders, yellowfins and similar caliber center consoles will cost a pretty penny $$$

Upvote 0

RyanErb

Love to fish!
Aug 7, 2012
All over the 805
Name
Ryan
Boat
OnTheWater
I'm sure they can handle the seas. I know some different boat designs have a low deadrise and around here I feel like a steeper deadrise can be handy. It's amazing how many center consoles you see out east that have triple huge four strokes... somehow they must make more money out there in Florida.
7567512_orig.jpg

Upvote 0

Rob Seale

Jul 23, 2015
Rancho
Name
Rob Seale
Boat
Na
Ive been researching and it appears choices don't like the diagram. I guess with the right tank engineed it could be corrected. It's 45 gallons designed for netter find bait off the gulf.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
You should really check that boat out if you're looking new^

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Seanofsocal

May 2, 2013
Dana Point
Name
Sean G
Boat
Scout 28 Abaco "Julie Anne"
I have purchased a few boats from back east. Biggest challenge is finding a good surveyor prior to purchase almost better off paying to fly a west coast guy out with you East coast owners and conditions can be hard on boats. Must do a good survey on the boat. Shipping is easy.

In regards to big center consoles in low numbers out west. West coast conditions and fishing styles make displacement and stability at drift key. With our big ground swells with long periods there are a lot of days that make it tough to run wot with a lighter sharp deadrise boat i.e. Contenders, invincible,etc. not to say there aren't 29' cc's that have these qualities: regulators, glades, cape horns, pursuits,Grady etc.

More than anything I moved from cc's to an express because I wanted some shelter for overnight trips and family usage.

Good luck on the hunt, there is a 36' Everglades and a 32' Jupiter on my dock in Newport Beach if you want walk one in person and talk to the owners pm me.

Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
I am in the market for a towable 29 foot center console. Question. Why don't we see more east coast boats out here? Everglades, contender etc can handle the Pacific. Thanks for any feedback. Rob.
Well, the businesses started there and have not expanded to the west coast. Even if a certain boat is great, it is still a tough business to expand. Some have, think Boston Whaler, though you still see a whole lot more of the Whalers on the east coast than here. It is a pain, I'm constantly seeing "just the right boat" damn well across the country. All you can do is calculate the shipping cost, and see if it is still a deal, sometimes it is.

Upvote 0

jgy

Almost A Member
May 29, 2008
SF Bay Area, CA
Name
James
Boat
Looking for a World Cat 320EC (hit me up if you have one for sale)
I'm in the same boat. I like CCs much more since I never fish alone due to having a lot of "boat ho" friends and family. A CC makes more sense since I can fish 4-6 people aroind the boat comfortably and I can fit more people when I take the family out on the lake. Can't do that with a pilot house.

I also don't mind the weather. I'm usually in my full Grundens gear anyway so if I get wet, so be it. My friends are used to it and they are fitted the same.

Upvote 0

Tranquility

Tranquility
Mar 13, 2004
Calif
Name
Bryan
Boat
Century 3200WA
I have purchased a few boats from back east. Biggest challenge is finding a good surveyor prior to purchase almost better off paying to fly a west coast guy out with you East coast owners and conditions can be hard on boats. Must do a good survey on the boat. Shipping is easy.

In regards to big center consoles in low numbers out west. West coast conditions and fishing styles make displacement and stability at drift key. With our big ground swells with long periods there are a lot of days that make it tough to run wot with a lighter sharp deadrise boat i.e. Contenders, invincible,etc. not to say there aren't 29' cc's that have these qualities: regulators, glades, cape horns, pursuits,Grady etc.

More than anything I moved from cc's to an express because I wanted some shelter for overnight trips and family usage.

Good luck on the hunt, there is a 36' Everglades and a 32' Jupiter on my dock in Newport Beach if you want walk one in person and talk to the owners pm me.

When you say shipping is easy, can you expound on that. I have a buddy seriously considering a boat in the Carolina's. So far the quotes for shipping have been in the $4000. Neighborhood. 25 foot boat.

Upvote 0

BrentH

Dec 12, 2015
San Clemente
Name
Brent
Boat
Yeah
Try using u ship it, I've gotten quoted in the $2500 range shipped from central Florida to Dana point. That quite was for a 25' mako but the boat didn't pass the survey.

Upvote 0

Seanofsocal

May 2, 2013
Dana Point
Name
Sean G
Boat
Scout 28 Abaco "Julie Anne"
When you say shipping is easy, can you expound on that. I have a buddy seriously considering a boat in the Carolina's. So far the quotes for shipping have been in the $4000. Neighborhood. 25 foot boat.

Line up with a U-Ship driver or talk to the guys at anglers edge marine if you're patient you can get a driver who is picking up another shipment out west and cut you a break.

Reactions: Tranquility
Upvote 0

dorado50

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 5, 2006
San Diego
Name
DAVID
Boat
BERTRAM / EDGEWATER
check out the new Everglade 27CC....Edgewater boats are right up there with the best. There is an Edgewater dealer in Newport beach.

Upvote 0