East Cape: Surf fishing rod/reel rentals?

ROSSOLY

Dec 7, 2014
Orange County
Name
Todd
Boat
N/A
Heading down to the EC, staying at Palmas. Wanted to know if surf rod/reels are available for rent and from whom? If so, best to bring my own lures? Thanks, Todd

TheHoff1

Nov 26, 2011
SJC/CA
Name
Steve
Boat
SweetM'Ocean
Heading down to the EC, staying at Palmas. Wanted to know if surf rod/reels are available for rent and from whom? If so, best to bring my own lures? Thanks, Todd
Yes, there is a tackle shop up the road.. very friendly and will set you up with all the gear you need. I forget the name of it but it's right off the highway as you enter town.

bparker1225

Ocean Addiction
Sep 27, 2004
Leucadia/Los Zacatitos
Name
Bill Parker
Boat
21' 6" Cabo-Cabo Bill
Bring your own roll of 40 fluro and some colt sniper jerk baits. More than 1 as I hooked 3 fish on 5 casts and # 5 broke me off in the rocks. 2- 21/2 0z krocodiles are also a must! 3/4 oz krocs great to catch bait to then live bait fish for roosters. Just down that way, the surf fishing was amazing !!!

Htnfool

Oct 20, 2009
Boise/Mulege
Name
Scott
Boat
22 Triumph- Huntinfool
You might want to swing by Jansen tackle shop. Talk to Stephan. I am not sure if he will 'rent' gear, but he has everything you need to surf fish. the guy is legendary for surf fishing the Baja coast. He has a tackle shop in San jose on the east side of the marina, just across the street. He also has a store in Cabo in the walmart complex...A Must stop and chat....Great guy

Reactions: ROSSOLY

FAT CAT

FAT CAT
Nov 11, 2007
Baja Sur, MX
Name
Bill Burkett
Boat
22' Twin-Vee Catamaran POLE CAT
East Cape Tackle rents the rods/reels (the place mentioned at the entrance to town). You can buy your lures from them, but nobody rents lures. They do carry rangers etc from Jansen's (which is in Cabo).

Leslie. Christensen

El Chivito
May 31, 2014
Name
Leslie. Christensen
Boat
Ponga
Google them, call your hotel, for sure hotels have stuff, travel sit up with small shiny stuff is a blast. Don't need more than Sriper stuff,rocks close in

Reactions: ROSSOLY

Moomba

Apr 4, 2010
Oregon, USA
Name
Richard
Boat
skiboat
Rossoly, I just got back from east cape last saturday. We stayed at the villas at palmas. I always step in at East cape tackle. Nice people and know the surf fishing in the area. If you do surf fish, rent a quad, go south and fish those beaches. My wife and I took a day to ride all the way to Rancho Leonero. Had a beer, walked around. Gorgeous place. We then started back and stopped at some palapas. I had my rod and reel. 80# spectra, 40# fluoro and a cabo killer. I looked out at the water and saw 4-5 big roosters swimming about 40' from shore. I grabbed my setup and ran down, they saw me and headed out. I casted as far as I could to the right and in front of them. One turned and went after my cabo kiler. He turned away after about 20' of following. What a rush....
I got more action on a big kastmaster tho...

Rich