East Cape report Okuma Fishing USA

Feb 10, 2022
Los Barriles and La Ventana
Name
Felipe Valdez
Boat Name
Everglades 223CC
Hi guys,
As always happens there are good things and bad things about storms. Im sorry about all of you who were here the first half of the month and couldnt go out or that had to cancel their trips. We all down here we feel bad as we know how much you are waiting for the days of your vacations and coming down and not been able to go out, and it sucks for all involved. But the ones who were able to come down they been enjoying one of the best week of fishing in recent years.

This week we hosted the Okuma Fishing USA crew, from President to all the reps around the US, and what a great week they had. Few personal best ever, some first fish ever and lots of testing reels and lures.

I was lucky enough to fish with most of them, specially with Mr Doug Lasko (President of Okuma USA) and his wife Mia. Also with Sam Brenner Vice president, John Bretza (director of product development) that many of you know him from all the shows, Capt Steve Montgomery, Gil Perez, and others. I can thank this guys enough to request me. Is the first time since they been coming to my family resort that I took them out as guide and hope they all enjoyed spending time in the water with me as I did with them.

Who ever is coming down this last part of september I would say that you will have a great time and have good fishing days. There is lots of bait all kinds and that makes a big difference.

Here are some of the catches we had this week.

If you are planning to come down any time soon check me out I might be able to help you out.

Tight lines!
Felipe Valdez Sportfishing

image00009.jpeg

image00011.jpeg

image00012.jpeg

image00013.jpeg

image00001.jpeg

image00002.jpeg

image00003.jpeg

image00004.jpeg

image00005.jpeg

image00006.jpeg

image00007.jpeg

image00008.jpeg

image00010.jpeg

FlatPack

Online Angler
Sep 22, 2016
City of Angels
Name
Rexor
Boat Name
LazyAngler
Wow…Nice fishing!

But have these folks ever accidentally mentioned why Okuma thread is No More to be found here on BD😉

Upvote 0

smokinwater

"Fire's Out!"
Apr 27, 2011
Chula Vista, CA
Name
Jon
Boat Name
won't b mine
Felipe, you did fantastic putting them fish! When I saw the first couple of dodos being pretty decent size, then to see even bigger ones! Nice mix, for sure!

Reactions: MinnesotaPhats
Upvote 0
Feb 10, 2022
Los Barriles and La Ventana
Name
Felipe Valdez
Boat Name
Everglades 223CC
Felipe, you did fantastic putting them fish! When I saw the first couple of dodos being pretty decent size, then to see even bigger ones! Nice mix, for sure!
Thank you! Yes we were lucky to live this experience. The last one that Gil landed, was crusing on surface, I put the boat on a good distance for casting, and he throw a popper to it, and hook it, great job by him.

Upvote 0