East Cape is back in track!

Feb 10, 2022
Los Barriles and La Ventana
Name
Felipe Valdez
Boat Name
Everglades 223CC
Hi all!
What many of you were waiting, Yes FISH its definately back in East Cape. Yesterday was wide open bite for tuna, and most of this week have been. Marlin bite very consistent and very good dorados have been caught. Roosterfish from La Ribera to Lighthouse like every year, and some very good sizes.

I don´t have photos to prove this, but just go over all the social media of the fleets and resorts of our area to see the difference in pictures for this week.

Weather and water temperatures are finally settling down (except for this little hurricane down south, that is pushing wind today and tomorrow), that have give us the opportunity to go out further and find the fish.

Hope the info help amigos!

See you in the water!

Felipe Valdez

Upvote 0
Feb 11, 2020
La Mesa
Name
Michael Smith
Boat Name
kayak
Great new! I am leaving Wednesday, how were catching the tuna and dorado? Was bait available? You can share any other hot tips and would appreciate it. No bad days in Baja! thanks Mike

Upvote 0

mulegemike

May 7, 2012
Mission Viejo
Name
Mike
Boat Name
Skipjack 262 "Pescadero"
Heading down Saturday. Got this from a friend down there Friday. Big dorado went 62#. Heads up to anyone heading down. Hurricane Celia is forecast to brush by Cabo Friday/Saturday.

ChenteDodo.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rafttohunt

May 31, 2021
Eagle CO
Name
Tug Birk
Boat Name
Maravia Zephyr
No sardines available out of Los Barriles/La Ribera on 6/19 and 6/20. Football tuna, some marlin and Dorado around. Green water out to 2/3 miles. Tight lines!

Upvote 0

mrhoneydo

Dec 4, 2011
Tahoe City, Ca
Name
michael willson
Boat Name
Sea Ray 18" & Grady White 28 Marlin
good to hear Felipe....
I'll catch up with you in October (back in Tahoe now)
Thanks for posting, keep us updated this summer, please!

Upvote 0