califblondee

I've posted enough I should edit this section
May 19, 2007
Hollister Ca
Name
Debbie
Boat
2005 28 ft Albin TE
This was our 3rd trip to the Cape, it was the best. I had to find a charter as our friend Javier had his boat stolen. I booked with Marlintini on the Tailchaser. Great operation, great crew, gear was very nice. Nothing spared on this boat.
We fished 5 days and caught almost everything we wanted. 6 sailfish released, wahoo, 22 Yellow Fin Tuna and 2 marlin that did not stick. Weather was nice except for the last day, windy and cold.
Last picture is my husbands Australian humor!

Attachments

Reel Obsession

Well-Known "Member"
Oct 26, 2007
Battle Ground WA
Name
Tim
Boat
26' Seaswirl Striper
Nice trip, great photos! Congrats on the hoo especially. Sorry to hear about the boat theft. We have one down there and I always worry we'll show up and it will be gone. Three years so far no problemos.

baja kid

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Apr 8, 2010
Olympia Wa, usa
Name
kelly c
Boat
18ft sealaker porthole
Love the photos, great report and that last pic{ drop the chulupa

gthurner

Gary T
Oct 9, 2010
Pleasanton CA
Name
Gary
Boat
Stryker
Hi Debbie and Joe, we met on the dock in front of the Playa del Sol on our first morning fishing. We got to the fishing ground down south after you because when we came the Marlintini Joe smiled and held up 8 fingers! We were a little late but managed to scratch up 1/2 dozen small Tuna from the morning bite and picked up some nice Rainbow Runnner and Pargo, indeed some big Triggerfish for ceviche when we returned. We had a nice school of Dorado come by and we picked up 6 small fish in about 20 minutes.

The second day we chased the Tuna offshore and man was in windy and rough, with no bait and no luck except for on Marlin showing in the spread, we moved inside a bit and released 4 quality Sails, one was on 15lb spinning when Torey dropped a dead Ballyhoo on a fish trying to eat a teaser. The last day (Thursday) was the best day yet, we were able to get a scoop of nice goggle-eye for bait instead of the dink sardines we had on Tuesday, we sat on the Tuna spot with about 100 other boats, BIG Tuna were boiling all around with no biters. We dropped to 20lb test and #4 hooks and it was on, we picked up 6 fish from 40lbs, the biggest being over 60! It was great to have the San Diego long range boat Pegasus come by when we were on a triple, the didn't get bit. To cap off our trip we had a double Wahoo stop off the troll on the way back. It was our first trip and it was fishing heaven, we are planning our June trip now!