Watch Our YouTube Like & Subscribe
  • Oct 23, 2020
    MDR
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Fishing for Memories
    Boat
    Parker 2120
    Went out on 4/18 for a short session due to wind. We launched out of MDR and headed for PV. Caught a nice bass before we had to head back. While Passing the Breakwall we decided to fish it with the time we had. Ended up running into a wide open short Barracuda bite that was very fun to fish on some hard baits. It's nice seeing the waters start to warm up. Tons of bait and activity out there.

mhanson59hb

Fear No Fish
  • Apr 22, 2013
    Huntington Beach
    Name
    Mike
    Boat
    2008 Trophy 1802 "Mako My Day"
    Fun with pencil necks, always better than skunkage... :D

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    Agreed! Fun!

Upvote 0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Name
    Mark
    Boat
    Skipjack 22
    Just an FYI - if you handle barracuda at all, they will die. Unhook them in the water and let them swim off. I learned this the hard way when I was a collector for SIO.

• Haha
    Reactions: JamesZ and stairman
    Upvote 0

stairman

May 16, 2009
    ramona /ca/usa
    Name
    doug
    Boat
    yak and lowe duck hunting skiff but they identify as sportfishing crusiers
    Just an FYI - if you handle barracuda at all, they will die. Unhook them in the water and let them swim off. I learned this the hard way when I was a collector for SIO.
    Agree completely..they are very delicate...probably why their numbers are way down from 50 years ago

Upvote 0

sdjfish

Deck Ape
  • Mar 26, 2003
    escondido
    Visit site
    Name
    steve
    Boat
    2320 Parker, Tracker
    This is true, WSB are also to delicate to release when catching shorts. They swim off fine and then feed the crabs.

Upvote 0

Fishing for Memories

Watch Our YouTube Like & Subscribe
  • Oct 23, 2020
    MDR
    www.youtube.com
    Name
    Fishing for Memories
    Boat
    Parker 2120
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll do that from now on. They seemed to swim away just fine. Good looking out 👍

Upvote 0