Fish Whisperer

Jeordie
Jul 24, 2008
Pearl Harbor
Name
ABOUT TIME
Boat
33 Tiara
We haven't been catching much lately but Brandon and I were hoping for Ahi as we took the 3/4 Time out of Pearl Harbor Sunday morning. We fished the 40 fathom ledge toward Barbers Point and were rewarded with a badly shredded lure and skirt but no Ono with it. After a couple hours we changed to Mahi lures and followed the 1000 past Campbell. We were bored and it was calm so we started skirting new lures on the bridge. Big Mistake! Starboard short rigger snapped and the 80 started singing. Brandon jumped on the rod and I cleared lines. Pretty soon Brandon says, "Jeordie, were getting spooled here"! I look and he's right, the fish had taken about 600 yards on it's first run. Thankfully if paused and we began the 2 hour process of give and take that finally brought the biggest fish I've ever caught to the boat. Too big to get in the boat we towed him back to the dock and measured him. (after first needing 4 men and a block and tackle to get him up on the dock!) 126 in lower jaw to fork, 80 inches girth just aft of the dorsal for a n estimated weight (Kona Big Game Fish Weight Calculator online) of 1008 Lbs. Great Hawaii fishing; some days break your heart, some days make your dream come true.
Grander June 1 2014.jpg
7 inch marlin slayer.jpg

Upvote 0

patfishhi

Sep 20, 2007
Oahu
Name
Pat
Boat
32' Blackfin "Kai Nana"
Jeordie and Brandon,
That right there is a fish of a life time, Way to Effin GO!!! Elephants do eat peanuts.

Happy Early Birthday!
Pat

Not to detract from the day... Too bad you couldn't have gotten an official weight, granders don't happen too often. I would have loved to see her hangin' w/ you and Brandon standing by her side.

Upvote 0

OmanGT

Apr 11, 2010
Muscat
Name
Brian Richardson
Boat
Cape North 43 Sailboat
How'd it feel sticking the flying gaff in that beast? Get the blood flowing a bit?

Upvote 0

Fish Whisperer

Jeordie
Jul 24, 2008
Pearl Harbor
Name
ABOUT TIME
Boat
33 Tiara
Jeordie and Brandon,
That right there is a fish of a life time, Way to Effin GO!!! Elephants do eat peanuts.

Happy Early Birthday!
Pat

Not to detract from the day... Too bad you couldn't have gotten an official weight, granders don't happen too often. I would have loved to see her hangin' w/ you and Brandon standing by her side.

Upvote 0

Fish Whisperer

Jeordie
Jul 24, 2008
Pearl Harbor
Name
ABOUT TIME
Boat
33 Tiara
Thanks very much, Pat. I know what you mean. Sure did want to weigh it, but did not know where. Called several people and no one knew of a hoist/scales combo except the block and I let my commercial license lapse. Anyway, its a world record. For me!

Upvote 0