split172

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 3, 2015
Orange County
Name
One More
Boat
Steiger Craft 25
Can whoever who keeps dumping BlueFin carcasses in the Harbor please stop. It smells up the place and pisses off all the neighbors.

It’s happening near Christiana Bay/Barnstable.

Sorry but don’t be a dick!

Thanks

miaf

Apr 14, 2013
Name
Boat
Happens on every harbor. It’s a direct result of the fillet rules on them. People don’t fillet outside the harbor anymore. Now they dump the carcass at the launch ramp or in the harbor if they have a slip. Not saying it’s right, just a bad result of the regs.

split172

Aug 3, 2015
Orange County
Name
One More
Boat
Steiger Craft 25
I guess I need to see which fine is greater. Improper cleaning regs or disposal.

Appreciate the feedback, didn’t know about the fillet regs.

If whoever is doing it sees this please dispose of another way.

Thanks

Reactions: Spongerider

dcarlisle

Captain
Jun 25, 2008
The Island
Name
Dave
Boat
Boatless
Just curious, if a carcass is 10’ down and all the critters are on it, is the smell rising up to the surface, or is there bits of the fish laying around on the dock from the filleting process?

Reactions: matta57

downtime

Sep 12, 2006
San Diego
Name
Ronson
Boat
26 Skipjack "Reel Hard"
As I read this I can only wonder what is worse the carcass dumped in the harbor or dumped in your trash can.
Kinda strange that they are floating. Would think they sink and become lobster food...

Capt Devo

Fish Hard
Mar 14, 2010
San Clemente
Name
Devo
Boat
Trophy
I triple Heavy Duty Trash Bagged one of mine and put it in a dumpster behind a local restaurant here in town. But some brain dead Homeless Person had to rip it open to see what was inside, the smell was unimaginable they had to close the outside seating area for three days.

Last edited:

BiggestT

Sep 8, 2004
Fullerton
Name
SM
Boat
Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
Can whoever who keeps dumping BlueFin carcasses in the Harbor please stop. It smells up the place and pisses off all the neighbors.

It’s happening near Christiana Bay/Barnstable.

Sorry but don’t be a dick!

Thanks
That’s life in the Harbors.......they stink.

Reactions: One_Leg and catalin

Paul Ward

Jul 17, 2007
Costa Mesa
Name
wooddog
Boat
Boaty
Think back. The fillet regulation was written when local blue fin were under 50lbs. How can you fillet a 200plus fish in 5 pieces.?

Reactions: ColdEye

split172

Aug 3, 2015
Orange County
Name
One More
Boat
Steiger Craft 25
Ya is easy to talk shit. I am all for people catching. But when it becomes a problem for multiple people, on personal and professional level it’s an issue. It is a violation of law in this Harbor. You guys crying wah wah, can eat a phatty. If I figure out who it is and it continues, I will do what I can to ruin your day. If this is professionalism from fisherman then by all means, I will extend the same courtesy.

Bwood

Jan 24, 2006
Laguna Niguel
Name
Brett
Boat
17' Whaler
In hate when I wake up to enjoy my morning cup of coffee on my private dock and I smell fish. And gulls and seals making noise and kids in the afternoon on paddle boards splashing and the thought of my poor friends that live on the Laguna beach coast that had to watch people fish off their rocks... oh ya, my political contributions took care of that problem.

split172

Aug 3, 2015
Orange County
Name
One More
Boat
Steiger Craft 25
A dead tuna sinks. I find it hard to believe a carcass floats. Will test it when I score a pig and let you know.
Give it a week buddy. Ask Harbor Patrol. They have had to take four out. I have taken one of those four.