jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
I'm having a new trailer built and I need to dump the old one. I live in Long Beach...any suggestions?

Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
One man's junk is another man's treasure. Post for sale or for free. Someone will grab it.
I was thinking the same thing....

Upvote 0

HighWildFree

Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Spaghetti Madness
I picked up a new trailer earlier this year, about a month later I thought, hey what the hell happened to my old trailer? Not my problem anymore. It wasn’t in my name, so the shop likely said “who the hells trailer is this!”. Then scrapped it.

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
Aug 16, 2005
Long Beach, CA
Name
Jeff Dalton
Boat
21' Parker/Stealth Stix
I picked up a new trailer earlier this year, about a month later I thought, hey what the hell happened to my old trailer? Not my problem anymore. It wasn’t in my name, so the shop likely said “who the hells trailer is this!”. Then scrapped it.
I wouldn't risk driving my existing trailer very far...especially to Chino.

Upvote 0

bob311

• Dec 7, 2018
    huntington beach
    Name
    bob
    Boat
    23' sanger alleycat
    Buy a bandsaw from harbor freight and cut it up. Any local metal guys will come out and pick it up for free or even kick you down a few bux. Keep the title, plate, and trailer neck. you can then either decide to transfer the old title to your new trailer, or sell the old title and plate with to some one who is having trouble registering theirs. Especially with out of state boats being brought in from places like oklahoma who flat out dont register trailers.

I had an old jet ski trailer that was rusted out and couldn't give away, cut it up and sold the plate, title, and neck to a guy for 500 bux...

Upvote 0

jeffdalton

"Well Known" Member
    Aug 16, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Name
    Jeff Dalton
    Boat
    21' Parker/Stealth Stix
    Buy a bandsaw from harbor freight and cut it up. Any local metal guys will come out and pick it up for free or even kick you down a few bux. Keep the title, plate, and trailer neck. you can then either decide to transfer the old title to your new trailer, or sell the old title and plate with to some one who is having trouble registering theirs. Especially with out of state boats being brought in from places like oklahoma who flat out dont register trailers.

I had an old jet ski trailer that was rusted out and couldn't give away, cut it up and sold the plate, title, and neck to a guy for 500 bux...
    I will keep that in mind. I have some time before the new trailer is ready.

Upvote 0

acefuture

@acecraftco
    Apr 3, 2019
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Name
    Ace
    Boat
    Always changing
    I posted a trailer on facebook market place for free. The trailer was so bad I wouldn't roll it down the street. Had 25 people in an hour ask to come get it and some guy ended up giving me $100 for it. No papers or plates

Reactions: jeffdalton
    Upvote 0

Russo

Almost A Member
    Aug 14, 2017
    Wildomar
    Name
    Jon Russo
    Boat
    If that's what you want to call it
    I had a new one built and Pacific just scrapped the old one. it was not worth its weight in rusted steel.

Upvote 0

jer dog

Fishing is life
    Jun 22, 2006
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gerry
    Boat
    One that floats
    I will keep that in mind. I have some time before the new trailer is ready.
    Here in GG , I would just cut it up into pieces, and put it out on my
    Park way, we have junkers drive through all day long, I willing to bet one of them
    Would take it .

Upvote 0

dctrjayyy

Jun 27, 2005
    Tustin
    Name
    Joshua
    Boat
    whaler
    What those guys said. Put it on craigslist for free. It'll be gone in a day. Dont waste your time cutting it up

Upvote 0