PENN

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
Headed out yesterday with a few friends. Went west at 30 knots from Mission Bay until we spotted a marlin. Slowed, trolled a dine for two minutes, then zzzzzzzz hook up. Marlin on less than an hour into our day. Fought it for a few then it came unbuttoned. Bitchen way to start the day. Marlin was 5 miles inside the 182.

Hit the 182 for nada. Headed south from there and found a patty holding a big school of quality dumb dumbs about 8 miles north of the boarder! Plucked off a few nice yellows on a different kelp.

This was the largest school of Dorado in US waters I have ever seen. By largest I mean the over all size of each fish. For reference the larger Yellowtail on deck weighed 27lbs gutted and bled! Toad Doads!

Fat lady went back to the cupboard for some Twinkies!!!

dd.jpg

ok.jpg

unnamed.jpg

sunset.jpg

What a year!!!

Go

Upvote 0

Mcgyver

Catcher of fish, releaser of few!
Nov 23, 2005
San Diego
www.calcofi.org
Name
David Mcgyver
Boat
17.5' Seafair Sedan, Sea Hag
Let the Fat Lady get fatter at the cupboard, thanks for the info, heading out tomorrow. Nice da da da dodos da da DUDE!

Upvote 0

chef gabe

Eat the collars!
Aug 23, 2014
Dana Point
Name
Gabe
Boat
Aqua Pazza (translates to Crazy Water and this is the name of an Italian Fishermans Stew)
Did you catch all the dodos on live bait or did you use any jigs/lures?

Upvote 0

cioppino

Dec 16, 2005
San Diego
Name
Dave
Boat
FORTUNA -- Parker 2510 XLD
We caught them on live dines, dead dines, surface iron, and poppers. Got a 35lber on the popper, absolutely incredible runs and jumps on the popper fish.

Upvote 0

Pgnracr

Sep 3, 2014
HB
Name
Jeff
Boat
Line up
Too cool. Glad you had fun!!We just smoked fish for three days. Used apple wood really came out awesome. I tell you We had YFT YT Skippies Dodos and Bonito. With spiking bleeding and icing immediately the Bonito might taste the best. Skippies. Ok. My dog loves it. But have so much I will stick to others. Especially BFT and Wahoo are my favorite.

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
Feb 19, 2008
San Diego
Name
Doug
Boat
25ft Skipjack fly
So nice!!!!!

Upvote 0