Duck drawing

Feb 19, 2020
La Palma
Name
Amanda Thomson
Boat
1989 mustang
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to know if anyone knows how to go about getting into the drawing for San Jacinto duck season?

DOGHOUSE26

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
Next month go to the Fish & Wildlife Website https://www.ca.wildlifelicense.com/internetsales/Sales/ItemSelection

It's easy Look for the Application for Hunt Days at State Waterfowl refuges which includes San Jacinto among others . Its a Lottery System as you buy your Hunt Day Choices for each refuge you wish to hunt; those choices go into a lottery and are randomly picked in order and if you're lucky you will be notified by letter 7-10 days before the hunt day and assigned a number which is your site pick order. You bring this letter with you the day of the hunt and pick your site in the order given on your letter.SJ hunts Wednesdays and Saturdays, and its tough to get a hunt day @ SJ so my advice is to click on the whole season for each refuge you want to hunt and you'll have a better chance. Be sure to apply at least 14 days prior to the season or your first desired hunt day

Reactions: amandathomson17

HighWildFree

Feb 16, 2018
OC
Name
Erik
Boat
Moooo!
Good luck! I’ve gotten only 1 SJ draw in 7 years.

Feb 19, 2020
La Palma
Name
Amanda Thomson
Boat
1989 mustang
Next month go to the Fish & Wildlife Website https://www.ca.wildlifelicense.com/internetsales/Sales/ItemSelection

It's easy Look for the Application for Hunt Days at State Waterfowl refuges which includes San Jacinto among others . Its a Lottery System as you buy your Hunt Day Choices for each refuge you wish to hunt; those choices go into a lottery and are randomly picked in order and if you're lucky you will be notified by letter 7-10 days before the hunt day and assigned a number which is your site pick order. You bring this letter with you the day of the hunt and pick your site in the order given on your letter.SJ hunts Wednesdays and Saturdays, and its tough to get a hunt day @ SJ so my advice is to click on the whole season for each refuge you want to hunt and you'll have a better chance. Be sure to apply at least 14 days prior to the season or your first desired hunt day
Thank you!

windmillwilly

Well-Known "Member"
Jul 15, 2006
wildomar ca.
Name
bill
Boat
nada
I called the office at san jacinto last week and they said as far as they knew right now they would be up and running this season. The lottery system on the Web site was still not open to pick dates as of a few days ago.

Reactions: amandathomson17

DOGHOUSE26

Feb 22, 2004
Escondido, CA
Name
jeff meeker
Boat
26 Blackman Billfisher
I called the office at san jacinto last week and they said as far as they knew right now they would be up and running this season. The lottery system on the Web site was still not open to pick dates as of a few days ago.
I don't think it usally comes out until the first week in September

Crabb Claw

DUCAHLC
Aug 2, 2007
Vista
plus.google.com
Name
Willy
Boat
Mud Hen's Den

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Only 4 days to go

CartridgeCalls

100% Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
Apr 29, 2015
Palmdale, CA
Name
Curtis Wright
Boat
Duck Hunting Kayak
Cleared all the reeds yesterday and hung all the camo netting around the blind for the season. Throwing decoys Friday evening before opener.