Dropper loop witchcraft

mrmdubb

• Jul 25, 2007
    Tustin
    Name
    Michael
    Boat
    none
    I was watching this IG story from Davey's and noticed the crew member demoing a dropper loop knot tied in a way I've been seen before. He threads the line through the eye of the hook first, then does some voodoo twisting, pulls it tight and it's all set. I did a Google search to find out what this was to no avail. Anyone know if this method has a name or any tips on how to tie it? Never seen a DL tied like this in my 30 years of fishing.

IG stories disappear in 24 hours so I also screen grabbed it here. https://photos.app.goo.gl/2XkxRg4d3AeK3YwAA

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

gettingbentwithbo

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel!
    Mar 7, 2009
    Riverside
    gettingbentwithbo.com
    Name
    Bo
    Boat
    16' Starcraft SF SS
    thought he was going to tie it like you would a drop shot rig, but then I saw the loop. Maybe it's similar to a dropshot but with keeping a little loop in it? IDK. Dude was quick with it though!

Upvote 0

mrmdubb

• Jul 25, 2007
    Tustin
    Name
    Michael
    Boat
    none
    thought he was going to tie it like you would a drop shot rig, but then I saw the loop. Maybe it's similar to a dropshot but with keeping a little loop in it? IDK. Dude was quick with it though!

He was definitely quick... and was probably going slower than usual because he was talking it through!

Upvote 0

Northeastfshman

I see OJ
  • Dec 20, 2008
    San Clemente
    Name
    Brett Weinberg
    Boat
    Parker 2120SCDV
    I was watching this IG story from Davey's and noticed the crew member demoing a dropper loop knot tied in a way I've been seen before. He threads the line through the eye of the hook first, then does some voodoo twisting, pulls it tight and it's all set. I did a Google search to find out what this was to no avail. Anyone know if this method has a name or any tips on how to tie it? Never seen a DL tied like this in my 30 years of fishing.

IG stories disappear in 24 hours so I also screen grabbed it here. https://photos.app.goo.gl/2XkxRg4d3AeK3YwAA

It's just a traditional dropper loop with the hook slid on the line first. Not voodoo witchcraft.

You just put the hook on the line first. Slide the hook up the line to where you want the dropper, then just tie a regular dropper loop and the hook is on the line and free to slide around. No voodoo to it.

There is literally nothing different than a traditional dropper other than threading the hook on first so it can swing in the loop.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

C Train

C Train
    Jan 24, 2017
    Name
    Chris
    Boat
    Intrepid, RR3, Pacific Dawn
    looks like a regular dropper loop with the hook slid on, but he tied it differently. I'm trying to figure it out and I'll repost if I get it.

Upvote 0

pacificscout

Hey! You got any frozen ice?
  • Jul 28, 2012
    Fullerton
    Name
    Wally
    Boat
    16ft Scout EMBUSTERO
    I use that not on my drop shot rigs. I feed the worm onto the line and make it weed less.
    Stands out real good

Upvote 0