Drone Tuna Fishing... From The Beach!

Dirty Mongrel

Wishin 4 Fishin!
Feb 23, 2014
Name
Sean
Boat
2016 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT "Blues Deep"
Awesome application for a drone. Could get real expensive if that release clip fails.

TunaHore

World Champion Boat Ho
Jun 5, 2012
Island
Name
Tuck
Boat
Carolina Dory
Kinda-fucking-cool. No one says you have to launch from the beach.

Drive out and then have a look around. Even with no release clip and bait, I wonder how useful it would be as a spotter. I expect you fuckers to figure this out and get back to me. :finger:

KimH

Someday I'll live the dream.
Mar 4, 2009
Tacoma/Westport WA/USA
Name
Kim
Boat
26' Duckworth..."Mayhem"
That's a DJI Phantom but I'm not sure what model. I have the Phantom Two Vision + but the camera on this one looks a bit different so it might be a newer version. I think they are up to version 4 or something like that. They're stable even in about 15 knots of wind. You can take your hands off the controls while it's in GPS mode and it will hold at that position even in the wind. It doesn't have or at least my version doesn't have a "follow me" feature which I think would be really cool on a tuna bait stop. There's about a 15 minute flight time per battery. Very easy to fly....now watch I'll crash it the next time I go out to fly.

wood2turn

Well-Known "Member"
Aug 17, 2009
Oak Harbor, WA
Name
Terry
Boat
14’ Sterling Sea Skiff - Gypsy Queen
WAY COOL!!!

Salmon King

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 29, 2013
Everett, WA, USA
Name
Tim
Boat
Salmon King 21' Custom Pilothouse
That is really cool. They can drop right on the fish without spooking them with a boat. Plus standing in the surf's edge reeling in a tuna. Awesome!

Would be very doable in the sound for pinks or a good coho year, especially in the early AM when they are packed toward the surface. Fish from shore but be able to reach further than casting.