DRONE FISHING! DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE EYES IN THE SKY?

Discussion in 'Fishing Chit Chat' started by sueno, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Mocruz1200

Mocruz1200 Member

Name:
    Moises
    Boat:
    None
    all these "apparel" companies have promoted this behaviour. they care more about clicks(and the advertising revenue that can come from it) than fishing. i went fishing with a kid fresh out of high school that was more preoccupied about getting a selfie to the company that made his face mask than actually fishing. i dont understand why you would even do it, its not like these companies are paying for these pictures. but everyone now is a narcissist, and having your 10 seconds of fame on Instagram by having a company post your dumb face online is worth more to most anglers nowadays than actually catching fish.

plj46 and BiggestT like this.
  2. Dudley613

Dudley613 Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Chris
    Boat:
    21' Cole superhawk "Beep Beep", 20' bayrunner open
    How is this any different from what fishdope and the "Terrance website" do? The have spotter planes that fly over schooling fish and report the location. I'm not for it, or against it. However I guarantee the DFG will ban it just like they did for hunting. PS I have never operated a drone or any plastic flying machine. If I see one near me, it flies it dies PERIOD

3. mindbent

mindbent Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Jon
    Boat:
    one that floats
    I never said I was against using smartphones or any type of modern day tech. Although I don't think a fishing boat is a place for drones. When I'm on a boat it's time to fish. The phone is off and I'm on the rail. Oh, I'm not that old and if I need a cane it will have a reel on it.

4. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    All of that effort for a "Pro Deal" on a face mask? I guess the next generation of Bernies is more easily motivated by free shit than I had imagined.

PD41 likes this.
  5. Mocruz1200

Mocruz1200 Member

Name:
    Moises
    Boat:
    None
    IT WASNT EVEN FOR ANYTHING FREE! I ASKED HIM "are they giving you anything for taking those pictures" TO WHICH HE REPLIED "no". RIDICOLOUS

BiggestT likes this.
  6. sueno

sueno Go Fishing!

Name:
    Doug
    Boat:
    Parker 2310
    With the new battery technology you can fly your drone for over a half an hour now! Over 4 miles with extended antenna! Taking off and landing are no problem! It sure is nice to go explore and look for fish while you're trolling! For all the haters out there please don't watch my videos! You sound like a bunch of girls from my flying club![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unassailable likes this.
  7. Unassailable

Unassailable Professional Amateur

Name:
    John B
    Boat:
    BW
    Did you happen to look at any servo based applications? It seems safer to drop from a far distance than attempting to have the clip get stuck.

Here is an example: http://makezine.com/projects/make-38-cameras-and-av/rc-remote-drop-mechanism/
    I was there last year, but have since changed my mind. It is another tool for fishing. If I want to just chill out and get away, I can do that...if I want to try some drone missions, I can try that out as well. I mean, chit, you drive a loud ass motor boat around, correct? You still need to find the fish.

8. jgy

jgy Member

Name:
    James
    Boat:
    Looking for a World Cat 320EC (hit me up if you have one for sale)
    If you have an extra channel on your receiver, just hook up a cheap servo to drop the bait. I have an F550 that I used from shore to drop bait far out. Since I got my boat I haven't used it much.

9. Unassailable

Unassailable Professional Amateur

Name:
    John B
    Boat:
    BW
    Which servo did you use? Happen to have a pic?

10. jgy

jgy Member

Name:
    James
    Boat:
    Looking for a World Cat 320EC (hit me up if you have one for sale)
  11. BiggestT

BiggestT I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    SM
    Boat:
    Salsipuedes & Czech Mate
    Don't tell the GF about the new battery technology or you might as well become a priest.

Black-is-Back likes this.