AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat Name
Parker 2320 Extended Cabin
Hey everyone, I'm driving south to Scorpion Bay Nov 4th, Ill be there for 2 weeks. I'm considering stopping somewhere for a half day of fishing along the way. I'm going to pick a few people up at the Loreto Airport, so if its worth it I may just hire a panga out of Loreto. Any recommendations? How's the fishing in baja sur this time of the year?

Any other recommendations for fun destinations?

All info/advice appreciated!!!

Cheers

Reactions: jiggermyster

Troy

Under the Radar
Sep 12, 2005
Bird Rock
Name
Troy
Boat Name
Pez Loco
My only advice is to cross the border at Calexico and drive south from there. Such a better drive IMO than crossing in TJ and going south from there. The 5 will connect you to the 1 at Chapala. Ever since they connected the roads I've gone that way when headed to baja sur.

Upvote 0

Ballena Lenta

May 31, 2022
Baja
Name
Gringo
Boat Name
Leaksalot
Pancho Barracuda
[email protected]

He is likely booked but he has a pretty good network of panganero's on his "team". He is the guy standing behind the Admiral holding the Gallo in my avatar. Great guy who speaks pretty good english and has been fishing Loreto for almost 50 years. He has pretty good gear. Had many of the most memorable fishing days of my life fishing with him.
Most of other popular ones will be booked, but there is always someone available.
Expect to pay approximately $300 for the day plus $20 bucks for a livewell full of sardinas or a buck a mack. + tip

Hopefully someone else will chime in with another option, I dont have anyone else's number handy on my American phone. I spoke to my Loreto neighbor today and his fishing report was filled with bigger grade Dorado, good gallo bite with some grouper and pargo mixed in. He said Hoo are doing good on the other side as well.

I second the crossing at Calexico or even Tecate over TJ.

Upvote 0

ztunamann

Aug 16, 2003
Capo Beach - Loreto, BCS
Name
Zimm
Boat Name
Tsavo
JIC Pancho Barracuda is already booked:

Loreto Fish Report on FB is a good place to look around for panga info.

Reactions: Ballena Lenta
Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat Name
Paco Collins, Nautilus Sportfishing. Windy season, keep fingers crossed no wind. Take the 5 to 1. Good luck / Tight Lines.
bk
Instagram: bk_elskel.

Dang, I didn’t think about that! Fingers crossed. I’ll look into Paco, thank you!

Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat Name

I reached out to German, hopefully he’s available

Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat Name

Pancho is booked up for all of November, but his brother in law was available. Just booked a day with German though. Do you have any experience with him ztunamann?

Upvote 0

AllzGood

Baja Bound
Jul 1, 2020
Ventura
Name
Dustin
Boat Name
Had an awesome day with German, great captain. Got 9 YT and a Bonita. Just me and a buddy. Thanks for the recommendation!

Reactions: One_Leg
Upvote 0

Ballena Lenta

May 31, 2022
Baja
Name
Gringo
Boat Name
Leaksalot
Yeah our timing was perfect, it was BLOWING just a few days after we went
Thats great. I was booked with Pancho on the 12th but it was blowing out of the North. I went the following day with his brother Jorge and it was relatively calm until 1 ish when the wind came up out of the south. We ran up North of Coranado with the fleet and pulled on a couple YT, but then moved around dropping on the cabrilla and Pargo, with a bonus Gallo that was tailing between spots.

This time of year is hit or miss with the wind. Almost have to be there for several weeks to get any fishing in. With the wind being prevailing in the forecast and all of my casa chores done, I said screw it and headed back North for turkey day with the Family.

Upvote 0

Latest posts