Seeking Kodak Moments
  • May 17, 2011
    Shelton, WA Mason
    www.sagecreekforums.com
    Name
    Greg Eastman
    Boat
    Kodak II - Arima SL 22
    I should have started applying for the Over 65 tags 11 years ago...... but finally did as a group with my hunting / fishing buddy and see that we are selected.
    Always wanted to be selected. :) WE had 10 and 11 pref pts and figured we ought to use them while we are able.

There are 5 units included in the authorized hunt area- I've hunted in two many years ago but never took an ELK on those hunts. Bumping, Nile, Manastash , Taenum, Rimrock Sep 11-23.

That's like a full smorgasbord and you can only eat a little bit- so I need to narrow the hunt area so we can concentrate- and these are some pretty tough terrain for a couple old bowhunters with bad backs and shoulders ;) Mike will be 78 in Aug.

Hoping to glean some more recent knowledge before we do some early scouting between fishing days.

Greg

GregE

Seeking Kodak Moments
  • May 17, 2011
    Shelton, WA Mason
    www.sagecreekforums.com
    Name
    Greg Eastman
    Boat
    Kodak II - Arima SL 22
    Todd, Nile and Bumping are the two units I've been in

Hunting buddy that lives in Yakima may have some intel but he's in S Dakota for a month. We will be checking out areas but that will interfere with fishing..... Everything gets piled on the same time ....

Upvote 0

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
    Aug 8, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    "Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
    Todd, Nile and Bumping are the two units I've been in

Hunting buddy that lives in Yakima may have some intel but he's in S Dakota for a month. We will be checking out areas but that will interfere with fishing..... Everything gets piled on the same time ....
    FYI... Bumping and Nile are on fire right now... Schneider Springs fire. No access currently and it's not looking good to open by the 11th. I've also heard that Manashtash and Taneum are closed to access as well... not sure if/when those roads will open.

• Sad
    Reactions: GregE
    Upvote 0

GregE

Seeking Kodak Moments
  • May 17, 2011
    Shelton, WA Mason
    www.sagecreekforums.com
    Name
    Greg Eastman
    Boat
    Kodak II - Arima SL 22
    Yes, we've been watching that...... Schneider Springs estimate for containment is October

WDFW has offered to let draw unit holders to turn in their special hunt and get preference points back Two weeks before the season opens. That's a couple days for archery elk hunters- archery deer may be too late

At 76 my options for future hunts are limited.
    G

Upvote 0

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
    Aug 8, 2008
    Tacoma, WA
    Name
    Steve
    Boat
    "Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
    Yes, we've been watching that...... Schneider Springs estimate for containment is October

WDFW has offered to let draw unit holders to turn in their special hunt and get preference points back Two weeks before the season opens. That's a couple days for archery elk hunters- archery deer may be too late

At 76 my options for future hunts are limited.
    G
    If you need any info on Taneum or Manashtash, send me a PM. I have some honey holes.

• Love
    Reactions: GregE
    Upvote 0

GregE

Seeking Kodak Moments
  • May 17, 2011
    Shelton, WA Mason
    www.sagecreekforums.com
    Name
    Greg Eastman
    Boat
    Kodak II - Arima SL 22
    Sent a 'private conversation' couldn't attach a map due to size limit.
    The fire closure boundry is right on the S Manastash unit boundry..... Not looking good for us- but still interested.

Upvote 0

GregE

Seeking Kodak Moments
  • May 17, 2011
    Shelton, WA Mason
    www.sagecreekforums.com
    Name
    Greg Eastman
    Boat
    Kodak II - Arima SL 22
    Umtanum is not one of the 5 draw units. Schneider Creek fire in Bumping has much of the region blocked off

But I'm always looking for info to post in my maps...... :)

Upvote 0