Dream trip or just dreaming???

STANWOOD BOB

Oct 1, 2012
WA
Name
Bob
Boat
NA
by the end of it you will have a phd in fed and adfg fishing regs in south east. have to go to more schooling if you want to get a phd in another area of the state though!
Totally agree with this! Consult your attorney before you plan that big cross country trip! Fished it when it was any size off charters then dropped to was it 28" (?) then it went back up to 44" then back down to 38" and of course the 80" fish too.........Oh Man........ Plan on one thing it will change again in 2020 that you can count on if IPHC and NOAA have a say in it....... BTW the run across the front of Icy Straits from the entrance is NOT for the faint of heart on a rough day that I can tell you! Pack them BIG Boy Pants!

Robert Muniak

May 12, 2019
Name
Robert muniak
Boat
Trousertrout
Thanks for any input. I have a good amount of inlet runnings but never enough. Everyone is different. Will only hit it on a slack. That's why I'm trying to get my deepdropping downpat so if halibut changes I have a plan b. I am confident in my rockfish and ling. I just need to fine-tune my halibut approach. Bucket list is a halibut over 300, bluefin over 800, yellowfin over 150 and sword over 400. On my boat though. I think when charter fish the captain and mate are doing the catching

CaptJgray

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
That trip is totally doable, especially that time of year. fishing was so good this year. tons of big fish.

I can help you out with a few places to try for black Cod, just sucks that its a 4 fish limit... shoot me a PM when you get closer to the planning stages.

2 things to consider, have you looked into putting the boat on the barge in Bellingham? the other was have you looked into shipping the fish through Alaska Air Cargo? Im sure destination matters but we spent about 1.00 a pound for 500 pounds

Reactions: STANWOOD BOB

Robert Muniak

May 12, 2019
Name
Robert muniak
Boat
Trousertrout
Looked into the ferry. Crazy expensive and timewise it wouldn't work for me. The fish we ship back to Cleveland adds up to $.80 per lb in 99.0lb containers. Every year it's changing but has never gotten over $1. Been looking at lots for sale up that way so I don't have to be in this predicament. Just have to convince the wife and daughter

CaptJgray

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 23, 2014
Huntington Beach
Name
Jeff Gray
Boat
hell no....
weird, I usually beg for forgiveness rather than ask for permission!

I didn't look while I was there this time but if you need someone local to keep you posted on what's available let me know.