dreaded googain question (im the googain)

joshua mosley

Jun 23, 2017
temecula
Name
josua mosley
Boat
none
hey guys im a traveling nurse who loves deep sea fishing I go every chance i get. I been out in san diego for 18 months got to go a few times got a freezer full of yellow fin tuna, but yet to catch a blue fin. I know the whole wicked tuna thing love that show. But I dont expect to haul one of those fat bastards in. Still id like a chance to fight a decent sized one as a noobie. I will be in hartford from May 20 to Aug 18th and alone from mid july til end so let me get down to brass tax

When is the best time for me to try to go to have a good chance, does anyone have a website like 976-tuna.com that keeps track of counts, any one got any leads on good crews for someone like me who doesnt know a lot but wants to lean a lot? i wont have any tackle or anything with me because i have to pack so light it doesnt benifit me to purchase anything for the short term im going to be doing this.

Also what else can i catch that has a good fight for the time frame i am in, including good eating fish? any and all advice for someone who just wants to have some fun would be nice to know

nefarious235

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 1, 2008
Proudly American
Name
Dan
Boat
canoe & plastic flotsam
Reactions: gnehekul

gnehekul

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Mar 23, 2012
los angeles
Name
Fishead
Boat
cash carrying ho
And I thought is was a N/E accent thing, you know like Auckeys Boston Bruins
If you watch wicked tuna to become an expert fishermen like i diddid would know those ne folks pronounce is properly.

jer dog

Fishing is life
Jun 22, 2006
Garden Grove
Name
Gerry
Boat
One that floats
hey guys im a traveling nurse who loves deep sea fishing I go every chance i get. I been out in san diego for 18 months got to go a few times got a freezer full of yellow fin tuna, but yet to catch a blue fin. I know the whole wicked tuna thing love that show. But I dont expect to haul one of those fat bastards in. Still id like a chance to fight a decent sized one as a noobie. I will be in hartford from May 20 to Aug 18th and alone from mid july til end so let me get down to brass tax

When is the best time for me to try to go to have a good chance, does anyone have a website like Terrence's website that keeps track of counts, any one got any leads on good crews for someone like me who doesnt know a lot but wants to lean a lot? i wont have any tackle or anything with me because i have to pack so light it doesnt benifit me to purchase anything for the short term im going to be doing this.

Also what else can i catch that has a good fight for the time frame i am in, including good eating fish? any and all advice for someone who just wants to have some fun would be nice to know
Joshua , you can Check Out Point Judith Rode Island
their was A Landing out of their for
open party Trips For Cod when I was a Kid
But I Lived in Western Mass
But I Spend A Lot Of Time Fishing out Of Gloucester
with The YANKEE FLEET , the last
couple of Years the Haddock fishing has
been good
and man are they Good Eating.

Reactions: joshua mosley

Northeastfshman

Dec 20, 2008
San Clemente
Name
Brett Weinberg
Boat
Parker 2120SCDV
Light tackle striped bass fishing should be tremendous during your time frame. Lots of 15-30lb fish to catch on light tackle. I'm sure if you google it someone good will come up. Been a 10 years now since I fished back there.

Cod fishing is no longer an option - Stellwagon is closed as is the fishery for the most part. Still good Haddock fishing as mentioned above.

Black Rose is a good suggestion for BFT fishing. You'll likely fish Stellwagon for those.

If you can't afford a charter check out the Helen H for a Canyon Trip. Good shots at YFT, Swordfish, Big Eye and Albacore and you'll do some bottom fishing for Tilefish. Will be a 24 or 36 hour to make the trip- BFT is more an inshore thing.

PM with any specific questions.