jbl_91762

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
Looking to move my bait tank forward and give me some space to walk around and fight fish on my CC. Previous set up was bait tank was taking up all the space in the rear but worked great for the plumbing intake/exhaust. Now that I am moving it forward, I have to figure out the best solution for drain and fill hoses and would appreciate your help. The access hatch is for my fuel cell but I have room to run plumbing down and thru to stern. Honestly I rather not cut any holes but if I left hoses above deck, how can I safely and effectively cover it?

20201029_165620.jpg

20201029_165648.jpg

SD2600

Opinions aren’t constitutional- they are earned
Apr 13, 2017
San diego
Name
Dustin
Boat
26' sea swirl
Post pics of your deck... and if your reading it out loud don’t use a heavy Scottish accent...

Reactions: Danthefishman

Hismosa

Oct 15, 2016
Burbank, CA
Name
Glenn
Boat
Boat hoe
Leave it where it is. Moving it that foot isn't going to help much and honestly it will create more of a trip hazard than anything since you don't want to drill holes.

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
i failed to mention that i have to move weight forward since repower from light 2 stroke to pig 4 stroke.

Fishbones

Your wife thinks about ME
Nov 7, 2005
Chula Vista
Name
Rich
Boat
One Off 28' Custom Built Skipjack (SOUTHWESTERN) & 18' Sylvan (Short Runs)
Step up and get yourself a nice fiberglass where all the hoses enter from underneath. Cut a hole in the deck the same size as a deck plate Incase in the future you want to get rid of the tank.

Reactions: jbl_91762

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
Cant step up to fiberglass yet as the repower killed all funds. But I like the idea of adding a deckplate thank you fishBones

alex88

May 15, 2006
Oakland
Name
Alex
Boat
2003 Robalo R235
Yeah, put in a 6” deck plate, cut holes in the lid the diameter of the hoses and caulk around the hoses going through it. That way if you move it just need to replace lid and also it’s waterproof. Don’t want water running down on top of fuel tank

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
Yeah, put in a 6” deck plate, cut holes in the lid the diameter of the hoses and caulk around the hoses going through it. That way if you move it just need to replace lid and also it’s waterproof. Don’t want water running down on top of fuel tank
THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

onehottip

May 8, 2006
So cal
Name
Guerms
Boat
18.5 Wahoo cc , Evinrude Etec V6 135 HO
Another thought would be to run a 4 blade prop for stern lift. Which will help the the added weight of the pig.

ShadowX

Oct 10, 2010
Los Angeles
Name
Alex
Boat
None
Leave the bait tank in the original spot. That extra foot isn't going to make a huge difference. Move the cooler to the front of the boat. Get trim tabs or permatrim if you don't already have one.

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
Thanks, unfortunatley I cant run a second deck hatch as the drain is too close to first hatch. I've ordered a rectangular hatch that I was going to replace current hatch so I can have enough clearance to run plumbing below. My only concern is the drain. As the boat sits in flat/calm water, the location I am planning on installing a thru-hull drain will be fine. But its rare for water to be calm out there so plan is to install ping-pong scupper. However wouldnt that impede on the exit water flow?

BTW I do have a 4 blade and Nauticus smart tabs (which I found out previous owner did not install right) I am making slight adjustments to the tabs and that combined with prop I should be right where I need to be.

jbl_91762

Sep 23, 2017
CHINO
Name
JOEY
Boat
KAYAK
Leave the bait tank in the original spot. That extra foot isn't going to make a huge difference. Move the cooler to the front of the boat. Get trim tabs or permatrim if you don't already have one.
?? I've have already moved things around temporarily and it makes night and day difference being able to completely move around the tank and not having to go around.

sickcat

Silverback
Aug 5, 2003
LA
Name
Kerry
Boat
Yellow spot
Thanks, unfortunatley I cant run a second deck hatch as the drain is too close to first hatch. I've ordered a rectangular hatch that I was going to replace current hatch so I can have enough clearance to run plumbing below. My only concern is the drain. As the boat sits in flat/calm water, the location I am planning on installing a thru-hull drain will be fine. But its rare for water to be calm out there so plan is to install ping-pong scupper. However wouldnt that impede on the exit water flow?

BTW I do have a 4 blade and Nauticus smart tabs (which I found out previous owner did not install right) I am making slight adjustments to the tabs and that combined with prop I should be right where I need to be.
If the drain thru hull is that close to the waterline use a metal or Marelon thru hull fitting and put a valve on it.