sundaytrucka

Fish or Die
Sep 8, 2013
Orange County
Name
Scott
Boat
I wish...as in, I wish I had a boat.
I checked out Okuma's website and there was no info on the Andros-A, just a blank area where the reel/model info would be.

I checked tackle direct and the site says the Andros-A has the same exact drag rating as the Metaloid series, I hope that is a typo, or misinformation, especially with the dual-force drag on the Andros-A.

Saw this was asked in another thread asking for comparison between the A and Metaloid, but was never addressed...So what is the drag rating for the Andros-A series?

P.S.

I really like the Okuma Cedros lever drag reels, but the Okuma website does not have them listed in the drop down menu of reels (or I am just missing it on the list), but has the Cedros LD been discontinued?...I hope not, they are a great line of reels that should have sold well, the only problem I could fathom was the price point, for $50-$60 more I could get a 2-speed Makaira.

Okuma is putting out some good stuff. Interested to see how the A-series two speed and Fathom LD 2-speed go head to head.

fishfish

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
upload_2014-11-1_20-35-46.png

Normslanding

I Should Upgrade My Account
Oct 13, 2010
Palmetto, Fl., USA
Name
Dave Spangler
Boat
Blue Heaven
The drag rating is the same. There are a lot of upgrades on the "a" series over the Metaloids, and the original Andres reels. The dualforce drag improves heat dispersion. You can compare this all on the OKUMA web site. Look at the 2015 Catalog and compare it the previous catalogs.
As for the Cedros LD's they are no longer being made. There are some still available at dealers.

fishfish

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Jun 21, 2006
Santee
Name
Gerry
Boat
Sold and Gone!!!
With a Dual-Drag system, theoretically one would think the mechanics would allow it higher drag ratings DUE to the higher heat tolerances/dissipation coupled with a larger friction of braking surface area correct???
OR is something else the limiting factor such as bearing strength, housing strength,shaft,gears,etc,etc???
I'm just not getting how the Metaloids and Andros offer the same drag ratings???

I am a proponent of Okuma products but would just like to understand and know more about my equipment....

Last edited: