image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
My tech team came home and helped me load the pictures .
Right on, what board are you fishing off of.?
Ha! That's my loaner Costco 10'6" soft top I keep for friends to borrow. My normal Paddleboard is a 12' SUP attix cruiser.

Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
First post. Fished DP harbor this morning. We got as many Bonita and cuda as we wanted. Mostly around the bait barge. On way in to Baby Beach, got a small YT(approx 5#) trolling a chovie colored surface minnow Rapala. 1st YT for me on the board. Very fun! Not tech savy, so not sure how to post pix. Sorry
I'll bet that was fun. I remember way back when we got a 5 pound Bonito on light tackle, we could not believe the fight--I'd put that YT up against a five pound bonito any day.

Reactions: rick rouland
Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
I'll bet that was fun. I remember way back when we got a 5 pound Bonito on light tackle, we could not believe the fight--I'd put that YT up against a five pound bonito any day.
I hooked a 15lb Bonita in LJ a while back on a Lexa 300 and lighter swimbait stick. Thought it was a 20lb yellow for sure. Once I saw it circling I knew why it fought so hard! Broke my rod tip, shook the jig and took my gaff which was still stuck in it's head as it struggled out from under my legs and jumped out of the yak. Left me stunned haha.

Upvote 0

jim isbell

I Should Upgrade My Account
Jun 25, 2015
Anaheim, CA
Name
Jim Isbell
Boat
19' Campion/115 4 stroke Yamaha
I hooked a 15lb Bonita in LJ a while back on a Lexa 300 and lighter swimbait stick. Thought it was a 20lb yellow for sure. Once I saw it circling I knew why it fought so hard! Broke my rod tip, shook the jig and took my gaff which was still stuck in it's head as it struggled out from under my legs and jumped out of the yak. Left me stunned haha.
I've never caught a bone head that big Tanner, ever. I caught some over 10 in Mexico--unreal fight. So 15 pounds--yeah, that ought to do it. Can't be too many that big around, or am I wrong? This year, I take no bets.

Upvote 0

tanner.s

Fish Slaughterer
Oct 18, 2012
San Diego
Name
Tanner
Boat
1997 Proline 23 W/A
I've never caught a bone head that big Tanner, ever. I caught some over 10 in Mexico--unreal fight. So 15 pounds--yeah, that ought to do it. Can't be too many that big around, or am I wrong? This year, I take no bets.
Never got him to the scale and was on a yak, so maybe 12lbs is more realistic. I've caught a few to 8 lbs or so in La Jolla slow trolling sardines in the early morning but that was my biggest for sure. Thought I snagged a seal because of how vicious the bite was on straight 40lb braid vertical jigging a Krocodile. Took some drag, that's for sure haha. Bummer that I gaffed it before the thing jumped out.

Upvote 0