Lipripper007

Double Digit
May 13, 2010
El Cajon, CA
Name
LIPRIPPER
Boat
Sprint
Great report and even better seeing the youngsters getting to excperience this fishing, may be a few more years before they see this type of quality and quantity of fish.
What pound test were you guys using? Were they line shy at all?

Reactions: Fat Guy
Upvote 0

strackle99

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Mar 20, 2008
    Villa Lepro, Baja
    Name
    Todd
    Boat
    The one on the fish
    Great job fishing with your son.

Spooled on a talica 8.... Dang.

There are some big fish mixed in these schools

Upvote 0

Fat Guy

Almost A Member
    Jul 7, 2011
    San Clemente
    Name
    KG
    Boat
    none
    Great report and even better seeing the youngsters getting to excperience this fishing, may be a few more years before they see this type of quality and quantity of fish.
    What pound test were you guys using? Were they line shy at all?

I think about when and if he'll score like this again here pretty regularly.

We caught the YT and one of the Tuna on a Talica 12II with 65lb Spectra and 40lb Flouro wind on with 2/o circle. Other Tuna on Talica 8II with 65lb Spectra and 30lb Flouro wind on with 2/o circle. They weren't shy about anything but there was also 0 pressure. We were the only boat around. I think that makes them willing to play more. I was also dumping a lot of chum and they seemed to appreciate that.

The spooling fish just laughed at the 8. I had it in about 3/4 drag and it never slowed him down all the way to the knot. It broke off right at the hook.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Juny

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jun 15, 2010
    San Diego
    Name
    Jorge Bee
    Boat
    15' Gregor
    Awesome!

Upvote 0

ScottFloe

scooter
    Aug 20, 2014
    Name
    Scott Floe
    Boat
    None
    IMG_4269.JPG
    IMG_0254.JPG
    032.JPG
    Yea, I know exactly how you feel. I won't go fishing without my Lucas during his summer break, if I can't afford it we just stay home or surf fish. He turns Ten next month. In the last year he caught one 24lb & a 10lb YFT, 3 15-20lb Dodos one 4lb Corbina (in the surf) and some Bass all on his own (except he needed help the bigger YFT). He never dropped a fish!! In 2 weeks we go out for 2 days on the Constitution.

I've had many fishing buddies, but none like him!

Upvote 0

Wasitrytofish

May 1, 2012
    Monrovia ca united states
    Name
    Glen Mitchell
    Boat
    Sea Fox 248 Commander
    This is a recent of my two olders a couple weeks back. They both started as little pups on the both. They used to sleep a lot, not they fish more than I :)
    They have yet to get tuna. This year is the year, maybe even tomkrrow :)
    Thanks for the report, bad ass

image.jpg

Upvote 0

BiggetyBones

MiggetyMac
    Jun 10, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    MiggetyMac
    Boat
    Broke Again!!
    Tuesday was another fishing day for me Tallon. He's 5 and loves everything about the fishing day from making PBJ's, pushing the cart to the slip, getting bait, checking the seals outside the harbor, going fast in the boat, and fishing of course.........

I plead with him a bit and he gives in. This fish would not get closer than 10 feet to the boat. As we are 2 stepping around the boat for all this time, he looks at me and says, "Dad, we're a good team!" Dad moment of the year, then we finally gaff that bastard.....

Our HBR panga burnt 6 gallons for the day and ran like a champ as always!

Awesome report! That kid will remember these moments with his Dad for the rest of his life. Lucky son! Great Father! :appl:

Upvote 0

Reel hip

Meet my "Well known Member"
    Feb 19, 2008
    San Diego
    Name
    Doug
    Boat
    25ft Skipjack fly
    You rock dad! Tallon is gonna be a bad ass!

or is already! .... Nice report.Enjoy the one on one! Reminds me of the adventures I had with my son at the same age. Now 23 years later he has a wife and kids and is too busy to ever go fishing with me. So we relive it with his kids (my grandkids)

Good job Tallon!!!!!!

Upvote 0