Hunter Dan

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jun 30, 2011
Stauffer
Name
Dan
Boat
MUGWUMP
Egads those Magnum Metal riggers are butt ugly and ungainly looking with the motor sticking out the back. Kinda surprised they're not offering a steam punk version!
That being said, the company is out of the Great Lakes. While downriggers were invented out there, I cite the full history. Early Cannon, Walker and other electric riggers got eaten up and destroyed by salt water. In short order too. The fandom of guys devoted to certain other products is built on one thing; days upon days of reliable use in a harsh environment.
Magnum Metal better send out some samples to our so called celebrity anglers and get them going through the grinder if they want to claw their way into the NW saltwater market.

Reactions: jet2go

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
3 yr. warranty on an unknown brand, vs. lifetime on a Scotty!
Don't pay to be a product tester! If they want to comp you one I would say go ahead and check it out, otherwise I would pass!

Ducker!

Pipe Dream

Jun 15, 2009
University Place Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
20 foot Grady-White, Pipe Dream
We'd be having a different discussion here had Penn not crapped out on selling and, even more importantly, providing maintenance support for its electrics. I recently saw a boat being trailered down the freeway with a full complement of Penn 825s. Deep sigh.

Reactions: FishPimpII

fishbadger

Apr 6, 2012
WA
Name
fishbadger
Boat
.Grady Gulfstream 232 "Herd of Turtles"
We'd not even be having this discussion if this thread hadn't been resurrected for no reason!

fb

FishPimpII

Repowering the boat..
Jul 27, 2009
Seattle, Wa
Name
Jeff Nelson
Boat
255 conquest... needs a name
We'd be having a different discussion here had Penn not crapped out on selling and, even more importantly, providing maintenance support for its electrics. I recently saw a boat being trailered down the freeway with a full complement of Penn 825s. Deep sigh.
I bought 5 penn 825’s and have the extras stashed so I can keep running those slow old beauties for years to come.

Reactions: Pipe Dream

Pipe Dream

Jun 15, 2009
University Place Washington
Name
Larry
Boat
20 foot Grady-White, Pipe Dream
I bought 5 penn 825’s and have the extras stashed so I can keep running those slow old beauties for years to come.
I did see that there is an outfit that can replace the mother board but the price was $300+ if I remember correctly. My one operational 825 sits in the corner while the 1106s get to go out and play.