Down da Line

Discussion in 'The Bass Fishing Club' started by Big Pancho, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Big Pancho

Big Pancho Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    Hello gang I got an invite to do some bass fishing Down da Line from Oxnard. We hit Oxnard Harbor early and dunked the boat in at 5:00 am. We got out of mouth of harbor and all agreed to make the long haul down south so we turned left and jetted to the first spot. Sea conditions were smooth just like a babies bottom. First spot was the Deep Hole area for not even a lick. 2ND Spot was Leo Carrilo State beach for nothing. These areas have always held bass for us but with no current and water temperature dropping like a rock this made fishing the calicos almost an imposible task. But we never gave up so we decided to move further down south to fish the point dume area. Once we got just pass Zuma Beach and hit the point conditions started to look better. I pinned on one of my new 7 1/2 swimmers and boom I got the first fish on the boat. This fish hit my bait so hard it felt like a freight train. I taught it was a toad fish at first but it ended up being a 2 to 3 pound fish. Sadly the fishes heart blew up and he bled out. Don't know if he had a heart attack after eating such a big bait. But I had a big smile from ear to ear after hooking up on my new bait. 2nd fish was caught by Ken Dawg this was a nicer fish 4 to 5 pounds. Kenny caught a couple nice fish on live bait as we fished right in the middle of the salad. Captain Nacio was not fortunate to catch a calico but ended the day with a few sugar bass. I also threw my arm out casting a slug bait in this salad but no love from the checkered ones. Well gang we didn't kill da fish but any day on the water is a great day. Here are a few pictures of the day. Till next time gang.

Big Pancho

:

Attached Files:

2. BuonaForTuna

BuonaForTuna Newbie

Name:
    Jesse
    Boat:
    BuonaFortuna 26' Seaswirl Striper
    looks nice out there wish i was on the water.

3. DENEK

DENEK LIL' DENEK included

Name:
    DENEK
    Boat:
    Boston Whaler 130 Sport " Low Budget "
    Glad to see a report from you that didn't involve being towed back in.

Good to see you back on the water.

4. Big Pancho

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    No Lie B with all the bad luck I have been having with my rig this pass summer. It was great jumping on one of my homies rig. My homie Nacio just got this Johnson 200 hp motor placed on his rig. His boat is an older 20' SeaOx and boy it scoots on da water with a top speed close to 50 mph. The weather was a trip with it raining on us off and on. But we fish nuts don't know any better. Well B thanks for the welcome back. Even thou the fish didn't want to play this day it felt great to be back on the water and relieve some stress. I have had a tuff ten weeks with my wife getting sick on me. But the good lord is taking care of her and her health is improving Thank God. Again I wanted to thanks to all the guys on the board for all the well wishes and prayers. This has help us all out a great deal. Talk to you soon.

BP

5. steelfish

steelfish the BBB, Baja Bass Boy..

Name:
    Alex
    Boat:
    Boatless
    nice session on the water Pancho

are you the tank in the first pic? no wonder why is Panchote your nick jaja

nice to meet you bro
    BTW what reel were you using in the 1st pic?

6. tankSD13

tankSD13 Newbie

Name:
    Kevin
    Boat:
    a thing that floats on the water!
    Looks fishy!!!

7. Big Pancho

Name:
    Frank Ochoa
    Boat:
    21' Seaswirl Striper
    Whats up brother Alex. Yes that me in the beenie. As you can tell I never miss a meal. The reel in the picture is a old skool team diawa TD2 high speed bass reel. The little reel has always been one of my favorites. Back in da day this was the reel everyone wanted. Now with all the new reels on the market today most anglers forget about these gems and let them collect dust in there garages. At one time I had half of dozen of these reels but have given many reels away to the homeboys that didn't have anything to fish with. I had to keep one at least and break it out from time to time. Another thing cool about this little reel is that it has a flipping switch on the side of the reel. This feature is pretty cool all you have to do is push the thumb bar down and once released the reel is already ingauged. Fishing was real slow this day but it was great to get back on the water. Cold beers, good laughs and spending time on the water is the medicine I needed to clear my head. Well brother thanks for checking in talk to you soon.

Big Pancho

8. dirtytaco.

dirtytaco. Newbie

Name:
    Jacob Trutanich
    Boat:
    none yet
    nice feesh

9. FknChristopH

FknChristopH Well-Known "Member"

Name:
    Christoph