Doves 9-12 and 13 San Joaquin valley

OutKasting

Jan 27, 2010
LA/CA
Name
Michael
Boat
none
Hey guys didn't get to shoot the opener or last weekend but had to get it on....

Left LA at 2pm was in the field by 430pm had 3 by 5pm should have had 10 - story of my life. Seemed to slow a bit so I went looking and found a field with feed and water around 545pm. Asked the people working the adjacent vineyard if it was ok to shoot and the owner of the vineyard also owned the feed field and just asked I pick up my shells (which is standard procedure). Anyways i ended up with 9 but got the flight pattern down.

This morning I was there at first light and had a limit by 830am. Fun times. Best part was that my dad's dog Sheriff, a choco lab he adopted, is a natural. He brought every bird to me and helped recover a few I am sure would have been lost. I admit I've spent some time fetching and letting him sniff out bird wings (i live in an apt. And can't gave a dog) but never expected his performance. Now I just got to work on getting him to sit still and not chase birds I miss

I had a dog that I had to put down in 2013 and it was great shooting with a furry buddy again.

20170913_093643.jpg 20170913_073358.jpg

watersdeep

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Jan 19, 2016
LB
Name
Jed Venture
Boat
the twisted ducker
Now that there's a good ol brown dog.
Lucky him, lucky you.

Great hunt, eat well my friend.