Dove hunting California and Arizona

Dan Ferialdi

May 20, 2015
Name
Dan
Boat
190 outrage
Let's argue this out. If I hold a Ca hunting license/ Upland game bird stamp and a Az hunting license/ UGBS why wouldn't it be legal on opening day to shoot my California limit in the morning and then drive a few miles then shoot a Az. limit in the afternoon?

split172

Aug 3, 2015
Orange County
Name
One More
Boat
Steiger Craft 25
Just comes down to daily bag limits/possession. Don’t be in possession more birds than allowed.

(5) Aggregate possession limit means the maximum number of migratory game birds of a single species or combination of species taken in the United States permitted to be possessed by any one person when taking and possession occurs in more than one specified geographic area for which a possession limit is prescribed. The aggegate possession limit is equal to, but shall not exceed, the largest possession limit prescribed for any one of the species or specified geographic areas in which taking and possession occurs.

Last edited:

Dan Ferialdi

May 20, 2015
Name
Dan
Boat
190 outrage
That is how I see it. When I asked a game warden a few years ago I got a big absolutely not. If I pay for two licenses in two states I have purchased my right to a limit in each. It would be no different if I had a Idaho elk tag and a Colorado elk tag started my hunt in Idaho then drove to Colorado and hunted elk again

zing1402

• Jul 13, 2020
    yorba linda
    Name
    nick
    Boat
    which one
    I have asked this question a few times and never get a solid answer I hunt the Colorado river. One side is Arizona and the other California on top of that we have Indian land from what CA DFG has told me if I have a declaration filled out for the one limit stating I got them on Indian land or in Arizona I "SHOULD" be ok. haven't wanted to try and see how solid that SHOULD is.

Latest posts