TunaChaser20

Captain
  • Jan 13, 2013
    Santee ca
    Name
    Albert P
    Boat Name
    La Guera
    So took my buddies out yesterday. Early start was in the water at 5:00am .. no wait at the bait barge … bait was kinda shitty. Went to upper nine looking for dorados… found five nice paddies with couple of the holding fish. Tried everything.. slow troll, all kinds of lures. Eventually I decided to drop down to 14 lbs floro… and it was game on.. ended up catching two nice doeados… then in the afternoon went down to 302 area… heard from fish dope the blue fin were coming out in the afternoon… sure enough got to the zone around 1pm… and there were tuna all over. But of course they didn’t want anything we threw at them. Tried fast troll and finally get picked up on a big ass marauder.. (about 12”). Got a couple turns of the handle and then it just came off . Gave it a couple more try’s but could not connect. Back to the landing about 7:30… long day but had a blast

E96BF0F8-9041-46ED-935D-3A39F3C0223A.jpeg

71552494-0141-428D-9CA2-AC33DE26223B.jpeg

Maxfli123

• Dec 25, 2011
    Fish town
    Name
    Anthony
    Boat Name
    Better float
    Good call on downsizing to 14 lb. you have to wonder if the line weight changes the swim pattern of the bait, less drag more speed type of thing. I highly doubt it is a visual thing but maybe. Either way saved the day and got the lines tight.

Reactions: bottomdweller
    Upvote 0

TunaChaser20

Captain
  • Jan 13, 2013
    Santee ca
    Name
    Albert P
    Boat Name
    La Guera
    Good call on downsizing to 14 lb. you have to wonder if the line weight changes the swim pattern of the bait, less drag more speed type of thing. I highly doubt it is a visual thing but maybe. Either way saved the day and got the lines tight.
    Bait wasn’t that great… I think it is a visual thing…. My buddies didn’t change out their lines… they stuck with 20 floro. … they didn’t really want our bait….stomach was full of tiny anchovies. About 2”…. Looking for a small lure to throw at them … something silver like the anchovies they are eating right now

Reactions: Maxfli123
    Upvote 0