Don't be that guy when fishing around sport boats!!!!

Discussion in 'Southern California Offshore Fishing Reports' started by jughead, Oct 1, 2018.

1. fishkilr

fishkilr on the water

Name:
    alby
    Boat:
    Indian/Aahi/Inseine
    Years ago the seabass were chewin right in front of del Rey ..the squid showed up there and it was stupid wide when the current was right and 50 and. 60 lbers were caught everyday for 2 months when the current wasn't right you had to be right on top of it to get bit
    My buddy Todd who worked on the bait boat with us had his boat anchored up right on the nest for a couple days at a time lighting up and selling squid .. I would get dropped off on his boat and fish knowing he was always right on it...
    The thunderbird decided to run nighttime seabass specials and came out to fish it only to find Todd anchored up on it and sleeping ...
    I got dropped off on the boat and they had anchored up and were swinging around right into us..
    I was on a fish on the starboard and turned to see 35 guys staring at me literally 5 ft away ..there was no way they could fish their starboard side and weren't getting bit with me sitting there and guys started yellin for me to move ...
    After I stick that fish Bobby (who I had no beef with ...rip)came down and started yellin at me that Todd had too much scope out and I should go pull some up ...
    I told him there was no way I was fuckin with todds anchor so he insisted I wake him up ....
    Knowing this was a bad idea I woke him up and told him what was up and predictably he screamed out fuck bobby and don't touch my fuckin anchor loud enough for the whole boat to hear...
    I came out and just shrugged my shoulders as the whole boat was flipping out cussin and throwing squids at me as I ducked back inside ....bobby fired up the boat and got on the speaker saying they had to move because of the fuckin assholes next to em and I watched the big boat helpless to do anything and back off which is rare ..
    I was laughing the entire time as I realized there was nothin I could do and didn't want to move off the spot anyways.... Little boat wins ....those guys gave each other shit all the time after that..

Blackfish, 5-20 and game killer like this.
  2. jiggyn

jiggyn Do you even fish?

Name:
    Jerr
    Boat:
    Suck it
    he was asking for directions

3. CD21

CD21 Member

Name:
    CD21
    Boat:
    none
    I think he might want to change the name of his boat!!!!

4. ScaleyOne

ScaleyOne " I never met a fish I didn't like"

Name:
    Brent
    Boat:
    Molly D
    It's no different at Lake Perris. Idiots have the money to buy the toys, but don't bother learning ANY rules or etiquette. It's the me me me generation of selfish assholes.

plj46, YouFARMEDItBro and jer dog like this.
  5. WhiskeyThrottle

WhiskeyThrottle Newbie

Name:
    Eric
    Boat:
    No boat
    I remember fishing on the Belle when she had an open fly bridge. Kick ass old boat!!

6. barracudabreath

barracudabreath Newbie

Name:
    Forrest Phillips
    Boat:
    Sold my Mako 171 Special after 24 great years of fishing and boating trips...so, no boat
  7. willit float

willit float Member

Name:
    Em
    Boat:
    20' Livesay Offshore Utility
    I was on anchor at La Jolla more than once and had sporties come crashing in drop anchor then their passengers start giving me shit. Last time my radio was not working, when they started bombarding me with metals I moved.

8. plj46

plj46 I've posted enough I should edit this section

Name:
    jim
    Boat:
    24 ft grady white
    Very well said.

9. hilltop

hilltop lurking in the shallows

Name:
    hilltop
    Boat:
    sold, pangas, Intrepid, and diggin the RRIII
    I agree! Just tie on an 8oz. torpedo.

10. ltran0614

ltran0614 Member

Name:
    L Train
    Boat:
    27' Farallon Whaleback & 27' Radon LRB
    :fighting0061::fighting0061::fighting0061::fighting0061:

11. Aggro

Aggro Keepin my pimp hand strong!

Name:
    AGGRO
    Boat:
    skiff
    Video has changed how these bullies can operate. Or not operate. They can lose their operation by thinking they can still pull this bullshit.