Don Armeni Question

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
Don Armeni's listed hours show 6am-10pm. I'd like to launch earlier than that, but don't want to show up to a closed gate and wait. Has anyone launched there this season and know if it's open sooner?

Upvote 0

TooManyHobbies

The guy that makes the glass stuff
May 10, 2010
White trashville
Name
Garrett
Boat
21' SeaRay Laguna CC "Sea 'Scape"
I’ve launched at like 3:00 am, when there used to be an inner Elliot bay salmon season. But that was at least 10 years ago.

Reactions: Nosecrets
Upvote 0

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
I’ve launched at like 3:00 am, when there used to be an inner Elliot bay salmon season. But that was at least 10 years ago.
Thanks. My fear is this year's crime at the launch has changed things. I wonder if I could jump the curb w my boat trailer...

Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
Too much gang activity, cruisers, drifters, RV campers, etc and the condo dwellers not wanting the noise. they chain/lock the gates. jumping the curb could get you a trespassing ticket. mind you, they only write tickets if they think you can pay it.

Upvote 0

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
Too much gang activity, cruisers, drifters, RV campers, etc and the condo dwellers not wanting the noise. they chain/lock the gates. jumping the curb could get you a trespassing ticket. mind you, they only write tickets if they think you can pay it.
Are you positive they chain the gate? Had another friend text to say it was open earlier than 6

Upvote 0

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
They historically have opened earlier in summer hours to accomodate sportsmen, but i won't say what the city does and doesn't do.

So no, i won't say I am positive. if you want an absolute guarantee, call the city parks dept and ask them.

Go with what your friend says and go earlier.

Reactions: bdrlgion
Upvote 0

bdrlgion

Apr 11, 2014
Seattle
Name
"Mulligan"
Boat
18' Tiderunner Runabout
They historically have opened earlier in summer hours to accomodate sportsmen, but i won't say what the city does and doesn't do.

So no, i won't say I am positive. if you want an absolute guarantee, call the city parks dept and ask them.

Go with what your friend says and go earlier.
Thanks. Just making sure you didn't experience it yourself recently. I'm already in the doghouse for getting the wife to join early. I'd be on the gallows if we got there to a chained gate.

Reactions: washington1
Upvote 0

critterkiller

AKA Cohobankie
Jul 18, 2012
W.Seattle
Name
Jefe'
Boat
1998 Tiderunner Pt. Defiance
The police officers used to open golden gardens so can't imagine it's any different. Ask an officer down there next time you see one.

Upvote 0

salmonkillerSeahawk

Almost A Member
Aug 21, 2017
Covington
Name
Bryan
Boat
21NR Seahawk
All my issues at this ramp have been when trying to retrieve my boat in the afternoon …. The parking lot and right in front of the boat ramp has been filled with houdreds of motorcycles, low rider cars and plain old stupid people that have no idea they are blocking the ramp.. and once this happens it now creates a large cluster of boats sitting in the water waiting for dock space…if you like this kind of cluster fuk but on a smaller scale you can head south to Redondo boat launch… the parking lot is tinny and people are fishing off of the boat docks all day long…

Upvote 0

Siv

I Should Upgrade My Account
May 8, 2008
Normandy Park Wa
Name
Dave
Boat
19' SeaSport
Glad you got in, I have found it to be variable in the past. 2-3 trip no gate and then one day you are waiting for 6am for the Parks dept guy with a key. Armini is no picnic at low tide with the small docks and as you say - people pushing strollers, wedding parties, bike riders, runners,.....with no idea walking behind you as you try and back up a trailer.

Redondo however is a whole other level of shit show. A very busy street you cross to get into the 1 waiting spot, 2 narrow lanes, wobbly sinking docks and the immediate 90 degree back up turn to get out of the waiting area onto the ramp which can be a challenge for an experienced guy but is a horror show for newbies. Jackknifed rigs are a constant occurrence. Screaming, yelling, spinning tires, Add in the same assortment of pedestrians as Armini and you have a total cluster. Sadly it is the only launch with a dock from West Seattle to south Tacoma so I use to get my boat in and out when I leave it in the Des Moines marina for a stay. Hate that fucking place.

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2021
renton
Name
Paul
Boat
Grey
I launch there all the time, and have been there by 4am many times and have never seen the gate closed.
Only issue is when I launched Wednesday. I pulled out at 0ft on the tide and is was as low as I could comfortably back my trailer and there was only one section of the dock on the water. Not sure if they removed several but it seemed like they did.
There was also a sign I noticed as I left that said something about a boat launch improvement but I didn't read it like I should have.

Upvote 0