Almost A Member
May 19, 2009
San Diego/CA/USA
Name
Matthew
Boat
13 -Whaler
Short Story:

If you are in the market for a new cooler, don’t buy a RTIC Cooler.

Long Story:

I debated Internally if I was going to share my experience, but after opening the product, I feel it is a must.

On December 20th on a whim, I purchased a RTIC 110. There marketing campaign said “In time for Christmas Delivery.”

One of the main reasons for dropping the hammer and making the purchase was that I was about to depart on a 10 day road trip to Baja on the 27th.

I thought that the cooler would arrive in time even if it was a day two late.

When I made purchase, got tracking that it would arrive on the 23rd.

On day of 23rd I called RTIC as the tracking did not get updated, still said label was generated and would still arrive on the 23rd. They said that cooler was in route and nothing else.

At 6:50 pm on 23rd was the first scan and the delivery would not be till the 27th.

Over the next 6 days a series of emails exchanged where they took no ownership or accountability and made no steps to rectify or resolve the issue.

There customer service is horrendous. It was obvious that they had no interest in respecting their customers or fulfilling their marketing promises.

What really made me voice my experience was that even though their service is crap, i thought the product could offset this with quality at a reasonable cost. This was not the case.

When the product arrived, I was removing the stickers, and low and behold, they covered a gouge in cooler with a sticker. No way that gouge happened during shipping as sticker was not damaged. Cooler also had some other nicks, but that may have happens during shipping.

It is shocking to me that RTIC would cover blemishes, defects and gouges with stickers. This is supposed to be a premium product.

For my trip I borrowed a newer IGLOO 110. It did great holding ice and stuff cold on my trip.

If you are in market for new cooler don’t buy an RTIC Cooler. Depending on budget and need either go with an igloo, YETI, Orca or Pelican.

I am going to unfollow RTIC and let all my friends know about this crappy experience.

#RTICCoolers #Rticoutdoors
#YetiCoolers #ORCACoolers #IglooCoolers #PelicanCoolers

A41BB064-D071-4B17-B689-BEC4CB7FAEB1.jpeg

stella marina

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Nov 21, 2011
    santa cruz
    Name
    Andrew
    Boat
    Parker 2320, 16 Klamath cc, 10 ft Livingston "bass slayer"
    I'm a big fan of their products and have many sizes and types...
    shipping issues happen especial during the peak time of the year around xmas, but that gouge would frustrate me too, what happened when you sent those pics to their customers service, any reprieve?

openclass

Slam
    May 28, 2009
    Napa
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 2820
    At my age I've learned not to order stuff last minute before a trip. I've had stuff literally show up too late to use for the trip and from major/fishing company's. When it happened I was so pissed I swore I never would buy from them again. It is on them but I've learned the only reliable person in the equation is me. I've learned to order far enough out this sort of thing wouldn't happen again......I win every time now. That gouge is chicken shit, probably happened at the production worker level.

dh515

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Sep 18, 2004
    So Cal
    Name
    David
    Boat
    Intrepid, Red Rooster III, Spirit of Adventure
    I’ve got several of their coolers and cups and haven’t had any issues. That being said, if this had happened to me I’d be super pissed and expect them to make it right in a big way!

The Right Kind

Slave to a Boat
    Jul 9, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Name
    Gary
    Boat
    The Right Kind - 31' Cabo Express
    I’ve got a few of their coolers, good product. It’s better to order them through Amazon.
    I ordered a reel from the east coast the week before Christmas, took more than two week to get here. Busy shipping time and bad weather can slow things way down.

marlyn

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
  • Dec 18, 2005
    So Cal
    Name
    mark
    Boat
    21' skiff and 12' portabote recycled from milk jugs
    You fucked up ordering late around christmas!
    Its OK i did it too,my sons christmas gift turned into a new years gift,lol.

Reactions: abj5150

matt86m

Not worthy of a Title
    Apr 6, 2010
    Fountain Valley, CA
    Name
    Matt
    Boat
    20' Tiara Pursuit
    Hooked coolers is another good company to look at. I have a 50qt and it keeps ice very well. I have a Rtic soft cooler that has been good except for the T handle broke on the zipper.

kbray001

Aug 18, 2009
    South OC
    Name
    Kirk
    Boat
    Regal 24
    Short Story:

If you are in the market for a new cooler, don’t buy a RTIC Cooler.

Long Story:

I debated Internally if I was going to share my experience, but after opening the product, I feel it is a must.

On December 20th on a whim, I purchased a RTIC 110. There marketing campaign said “In time for Christmas Delivery.”

One of the main reasons for dropping the hammer and making the purchase was that I was about to depart on a 10 day road trip to Baja on the 27th.

I thought that the cooler would arrive in time even if it was a day two late.

When I made purchase, got tracking that it would arrive on the 23rd.

On day of 23rd I called RTIC as the tracking did not get updated, still said label was generated and would still arrive on the 23rd. They said that cooler was in route and nothing else.

At 6:50 pm on 23rd was the first scan and the delivery would not be till the 27th.

Over the next 6 days a series of emails exchanged where they took no ownership or accountability and made no steps to rectify or resolve the issue.

There customer service is horrendous. It was obvious that they had no interest in respecting their customers or fulfilling their marketing promises.

What really made me voice my experience was that even though their service is crap, i thought the product could offset this with quality at a reasonable cost. This was not the case.

When the product arrived, I was removing the stickers, and low and behold, they covered a gouge in cooler with a sticker. No way that gouge happened during shipping as sticker was not damaged. Cooler also had some other nicks, but that may have happens during shipping.

It is shocking to me that RTIC would cover blemishes, defects and gouges with stickers. This is supposed to be a premium product.

For my trip I borrowed a newer IGLOO 110. It did great holding ice and stuff cold on my trip.

If you are in market for new cooler don’t buy an RTIC Cooler. Depending on budget and need either go with an igloo, YETI, Orca or Pelican.

I am going to unfollow RTIC and let all my friends know about this crappy experience.

#RTICCoolers #Rticoutdoors
    #YetiCoolers #ORCACoolers #IglooCoolers #PelicanCoolers

View attachment 1105311

that’s a bummer to hear about your experience.

I’m a huge fan of my Rtic cooler and recommend them to a lot of people. One of my coolers that was sent to me ended up being the wrong color. Rtic customer service was right on top of getting it fixed and made me a loyal customer.
    Plus their coolers work.

aguachico

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
    Jul 20, 2004
    El Lago Tijuana
    Name
    Art
    Boat
    Trident Yak- Grady White Seafarer
    That sucks.

Fuck hard coolers. Buy a Dometic portable.
    I camp Baja. Got my 95liter for $950. pre-cfx3
    A 95 liter fridge stores twice as much as a 110 liter cooler.
    OH and it stays dry.

I can have a freezer on one side and a fridge on the other.
    I can lift it solo, empty.

the demand has driven up the price... luckily I got mine a few years ago at christmas. They are also getting better and better. I control mine via andriod app.