dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    Thursday I was in the shop doing spring cleaning and gradually started to feel poorly. Both arms hurt from the elbows to my finger tips. Not tingling sensation just hurt. Chest hurt about a 4x6 section right in the middle. Closed the shop went inside and sat down thinking it would pass. Called Kelli and told her I didn’t feel well. Waited another 10 minutes and gave in. Called 911. They arrived and plugged me into thier portable ekg machine. Told me I was having a heart attack and we were going to the hospital. Upon arrival there was 12 people gowned up and ready to do work. After verifying the portable machine was accurate they swept me away. 2 hours later they had installed 2 stints and I was headed to a room upstairs They went in through my right wrist and I was awake during the process. Next day they did an echocardiogram which to everyone’s amazement came back almost perfect. No alarming amount of plaque no weak muscle great contractions and no sign of trauma they couldn’t believe I had a heart attack. What happened was some plaque broke loose and caused a blockage. Weird fluke. The key was the fact that I got treatment as soon as I did. Everything is fine now. No special diet no special life changes no heart disease just recovery and rest to heal the incision in the wrist. The key is if you feel poorly don’t hesitate to call and get help right away. I too thought it was a non event and would pass. But I made the call and that can be the difference.

Upvote 0

dragonballs

I'm off probation
  • Mar 28, 2008
    Arlington WA
    Name
    Vance
    Boat
    40' ocean sport fisher
    Thanks guys. I am fine. I am taking it easy for a few days. Headed back out to the shop to finish spring cleaning before the lead melt. :D

Upvote 0

Quan

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Aug 21, 2009
    Bellingham, WA
    Name
    Quan
    Boat
    Defiance Admiral 220 EX "Hawksbeard"
    Glad you're okay, man. Recover well. And thank you so much for sharing your story as I know so many lives could be saved if we just got out of our own damn way.

Fairly certain my mother would still be with us if she wasn't as stubborn as she was and took action like you did.

Upvote 0

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
    Sep 15, 2008
    Olympia, WA
    Name
    laurence
    Boat
    2021 Allied WildCat 30
    All these damn snowflakes on here lately...

JK buddy! Scary crap, but an awesome reminder for us. “It’ll never happen to me” isn’t a very good approach. Glad you had such a great outcome.

Upvote 0

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
  • Apr 3, 2008
    Stanwood, WA
    Name
    grrrrrrrr
    Boat
    33' RBW MISS ELIZA
    Norwegian blood disorder.

I remember you telling me about something similar. Remember? I lost a new rod and reel because of it.

Too damn young to be having this issue. Be heathy weathly and wise. Pup!

Upvote 0

openclass

Slam
  • May 28, 2009
    Napa
    Name
    Rick
    Boat
    Parker 2820
    This happened to a buddy of mine at age 25 or so.....we were pissed because he didn't show up for work one day. We went to look for him mid day to find out he had a heart attack....who would of thought at that age. We felt like schmucks but he pulled through. Glad to hear you recognized what was going on in time, many people don't.

Reactions: dragonballs
    Upvote 0

NWGuy

Kid's smiles are the best!
    Jul 31, 2009
    Lake Tapps
    Name
    Bryan Grant
    Boat
    16', ancient, money pit
    Glad to hear of a positive outcome! Too many times we hear "They found him dead on the floor"

Upvote 0

Waterdog~

Just one more
    Sep 1, 2009
    Hollywood
    Name
    Brian
    Boat
    Tiderunner
    well shit …….Im not coming to the lead pour to do cpr( last three times did not go so well)…..get well my friend

Upvote 0

carrie's bait boy

No ones prostaff
    Apr 17, 2015
    Kent WA and Westport WA
    Name
    norm
    Boat
    Too many
    A great reminder Vance. Thankfully you listened to your inner voice. Note to others, if this ever happens in Westport call 911. Let me repeat that. Call 911. My first heart attack happened at our house in Westport. I tried to get Carrie to just drive me to hospital because I didn’t want to call attention to myself down there. I’m glad she told me to fuck off. EMT’s showed up, hooked me up to machines and restarted my heart with some drugs. When we got to hospital in Aberdeen the doctor chewed me a new ass about being proud and stupid. Turns out it’s a common problem in Westport. Us proud fishermen have our wives or friends drive us to hospital, only to die part way there.
    Glad you are still with us and let’s make float 12’s 2019 motto “The year of healthy living”

Upvote 0