Statistition
Jan 23, 2007
San Diego
Name
Joe
Boat
None
Dolphin Motel Update

I just left the San Diego Sportfishing Assoc. landing and took a couple of photos of the construction and progress of the new hotel.

it appears that the hotel is affiliated with Hilton. A google search will probably give a ton of information although I’m not sure of accuracy of the online information.

Search the title Monsaraz Hotel. It gives a good perspective of their planning. The place looks quite impressive. Hope you enjoy...

98F61FD8-E4AF-49F6-B54F-09AACE61AD66.jpeg

592653EA-E23C-43F1-B1C2-32B35EDCF54A.jpeg

snordo

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Sep 21, 2005
Torrance
Name
Gregg
Boat
Indy
The Hilton website says Opening February 2021.

The Monsaraz, bringing 92 rooms, a full-service restaurant and bar and will belong to the Hilton Tapestry Collection.

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
They didn't build it for fisherman. I'd guess you cant get a cart onto the second floor.
All depends on how big the elevator is and how wide the hallways are. Probably don't want to bring a cart full of fish up to your room to clean them though since those carts leak slime. Hard to get it out of the carpet.

Reactions: Cubeye and Big carp

FishRock

Still trying to figure it all out
Mar 27, 2013
Alaska
Name
JAM
Boat
Thunnus - 22' Koffler BayBee (1990)
I liked the Dolphin just fine. Don't need glitz and hanging out on the patio with other anglers was pretty cool.
Vagabond it still standing and taking reservations for the time being.

At least I hope so. I am planning to stay there in January.

JoeInMN

Fishing from 40 below to 120 above..
Sep 10, 2017
minnesota
Name
Joseph Koep
Boat
American Angler , Ice Castle Fish House
Vagabond it still standing and taking reservations for the time being.

At least I hope so. I am planning to stay there in January.
Still going i booked for January, the postponed the remodel do to covid.

Reactions: FishRock

albacore11

Member Intrepid 200# Club
May 19, 2006
Crowley Lake, CA
Name
Christopher
Boat
Gone but not forgotten
I have stayed at Vagabond, Ramada and the Dolphin. I think the Vagabond was the best of the three for a variety of reasons. However, for the last several years I have been staying with a fishing friend in east county. Stay one or two nights before and the night of return.

AKSalmon

Jul 15, 2006
Juneau, Alaska
Name
Bill Brown
Boat
Sold my Parker. You can find me on the Red Rooster.
Any guess as to the room rates? My guess is they won't be lower than they were at the old Dolphin...

Reactions: PheasantHunter

Meanwhile

Dec 13, 2005
Warren, Oregon
www.meanwhilecharters.com
Name
Randy Kane
Boat
2007 Grady White Marlin, 30.5', w/twin 250's
All I know is that the workers stand around all day not getting much done. My friend in construction spotted the inactivity. Told me he would have something to say were he their boss. I was thinking of the Soprano scene, "Why don't you go home and get some rest, you've been sitting around all day."

moorefish

Jan 1, 2004
SoCal
Name
MN
Boat
Any
Anyone realize the reason why the nostalgic Fisherman's Landing's marlin leaping sign wasn't placed back on top of the remodeled Fisherman's Landing building? A landing rep said it's due to the new hotel saying it obstructed their views thus the city said No to placing the old sign back on the building. Sad to see a colorful piece of historic artwork gone forever. Anglers would be wise to look elsewhere.

Last edited: