McQuade Outdoors

McQuade Outdoors
Nov 24, 2005
San Diego
Name
john mcquade
Boat
Paddle Board
Not sure if this counts as surf fishing since i was just inside the mouth of the estuary, but i was walking in the water?

Stopped at Punta Abreojos on the way back from the last baja trip. Went to fish the estuary/surf on the Paddle Board and found 20mph winds. Paddled on the SUP to the far bank away from the rest of the people hanging out at waters edge and had a few hours of wide open bites on corvina, corbina, spotted bay bass and halibut! Due to wind, the majority of the video was not usable, but made a quick 5 minute edit. If i go back, i will for sure have a long light rod to sight fish the days the surf is extra flat!! Check it out!

All fish caught on a 4" zman swimbait with 15lb braid to a 12lb top shot

OPKT9670.JPG

Upvote 0

robaire

Angler
Jul 22, 2013
Menifee, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
n/a
A few years back a friend told me about that place and described the fishing as, "Off The Charts".
But I am pretty sure it is a lagoon and not the surf.
Either way, kudos for the catch and release.

Robert

Reactions: McQuade Outdoors
Upvote 0

McQuade Outdoors

McQuade Outdoors
Nov 24, 2005
San Diego
Name
john mcquade
Boat
Paddle Board
A few years back a friend told me about that place and described the fishing as, "Off The Charts".
But I am pretty sure it is a lagoon and not the surf.
Either way, kudos for the catch and release.

Robert

Ya i was fishing at the mouth of it, "waves" aka small ripples still come in and it was all sand where i was, the mangroves started back past me. Maybe not close enough to the surf??

Upvote 0

robaire

Angler
Jul 22, 2013
Menifee, CA
Name
Robert
Boat
n/a
technically no surf fishing in my group of surf fisherman.

the mangroves are why the fishing is so hot there.
i was down in Niarit last year and killed it by the mangroves... lobster, jacks, giant macks you name it.
i cant wait to get back down there

Reactions: McQuade Outdoors
Upvote 0