Hawgboy

Almost A Member
May 7, 2022
Garden Grove
Name
Gary
Boat Name
Any
Better question is how he is doing it Never fished with him and seems hard to get on his boat but for money on a trip to learn may be worth the on water seminar and if you did it I would not disclose your a boat owner or fish privately with someone else

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lowprofile

I Should Upgrade My Account
  • Dec 11, 2011
    Oceanside
    Name
    chris
    Boat Name
    15 ft Saturn inflatable
    He sure gets a lot of fish but the SD 4 and 6 packs are limiting on 200+lb fish every trip. It’s impressive.

Upvote 0

Let em eat 74

I Should Upgrade My Account
    Jul 12, 2016
    Newport Beach
    Name
    Kevin
    Yes, virtually every single captain in the fleet catches more. Billy just has to manage a couple for his 1-4 customers, the big boats have 25 anglers to look after and that is a much tougher game. He zips around and chases many of those same captains to see what they found, but doesn’t share intel if he locates something himself. That’s the main reason he is disliked and that is earned. I spend half my trips in the wheelhouse so I’ve heard and seen it all.

Upvote 0

Rubberhook2

Local Bluefin
    Jan 19, 2007
    San Clemente
    Name
    Tim
    Boat Name
    None
    Pacific Queen just returned with 96 in one trip, probably more than BK catches all season.
    Trolling Madmacs and leaving the rod in the holder while its wound in is all challenging and fun and all LOL but BK does not fish the jigs at night for those things which is when most of the damage is done...

Yeah 12 going with no rod holder as a crutch.....bring it

Upvote 0

Hawgboy

Almost A Member
    May 7, 2022
    Garden Grove
    Name
    Gary
    Boat Name
    Any
    Pacific Queen just returned with 96 in one trip, probably more than BK catches all season.
    Trolling Madmacs and leaving the rod in the holder while its wound in is all challenging and fun and all LOL but BK does not fish the jigs at night for those things which is when most of the damage is done...

Yeah 12 going with no rod holder as a crutch.....bring it
    Again I get the rod holder BS and all else but how he consistently get bit trolling as many on the same day here get the helmet and giving it their all. Somedays he’s headed in with 8 fish limits before the slack tides and such occurred

Last edited:
    Upvote 0

Arima-bob

Ship faced aquaholic
    Mar 9, 2012
    Too far from water
    Name
    Beeulzebob
    Boat Name
    uh....
    Billy K gets paid a lot of money to chase these bluefin. Have you seen his cost? He ain’t cheap, but neither is going out for these things.

There’s a few guys here that could probably show him up, but they don’t do it for a living. I’m not about to drop a grand or more every weekend to haul my boat out there for bluefin, and I imagine most feel the same way I do. Besides, one cow in the freezer is a lot of fish.

Upvote 0