FVSerenity

Tuna Boss FV HappyHours
Feb 27, 2012
The Salt
Name
Rod
Boat
22' Duckworth FVSerenity, 2502 Trophy FVHappyHours
There are a few divers among us that might need a bottle. Would you deny them that.

Problem with the float and 30' cord. How to store it and then release if it fell in. 30' cord tangles easy and will always be in the way
52BA306C-EDD3-443A-AE8F-B32ADE24F07E.jpeg

Jasongind

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 10, 2017
Federal Way, WA
Name
Jason
Boat
Bayliner175BR
Pretty sure the are pivoting. Would be kinda hard to steer without them.
I agree.

I just looked at the pics of the under carriage better. Initially it appeared as if the axle braces were welded to the bottom of the basket. Thats why I asked. After zooming in I can see the pivot system sticking out a little.

Last edited:

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
I agree.

I just looked at the pics of the under carriage better. Initially it appeared as if the axle braces were welded to the bottom of the basket. Thats why I asked. After zooming in I can see the pivot system sticking out a little.
WOW A Rocket Scientist that can do discovery. Chinese Blue Print is easy.

upload_2018-3-26_20-8-39.jpeg

Still need to make a attachment and a way to deploy. It also has to be secured now that RTB has stuck it on his ass of his truck.

I got an Idea when its off the boat and on the dock not being used tie a buoy to the handle as well as Tying it to a cleat when not in use. Cheaper and easier. If you drop it, you go swimming. I will tie the DR Balls to your Thumbs to get you down there if you need help to reach it.

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Flaked rope in a small throw bag with a couple gillnet floats should work for water recovery. Looks good!

Wild Bill

Not Blackmouthing
Aug 4, 2010
Camano Island
Name
Steve
Boat
Otter Craft
Whoops I guess I should have read whole thread as goat beat me to it.

Reactions: goatram

Pipejumper

Dec 17, 2014
Name
Larry
Boat
22' Alumaweld Intruder
All this talk about losing it over the side of the dock and a recovery rope...how often do you drunks drop a dock cart off the dock?

Great setup. Only thing I’d add is brakes.

Waterdog~

Just one more
Sep 1, 2009
Hollywood
Name
Brian
Boat
Tiderunner
All this talk about losing it over the side of the dock and a recovery rope...how often do you drunks drop a dock cart off the dock?
Well whos counting........

Roll the Bones

Dr. Fong
Jul 15, 2008
Operating Room
Name
Dr. Fong
Boat
Hewescraft 250 Alaskan
Thank you for this, someone had to say it. I am more concerned with theft, it will be locked everywhere we go.

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
Cart looks great!

How high are the starboard side wheels off the ground when on the back of the truck? No worry about them hitting ground when entering/leaving driveways, etc? Looks close in the pics.

Reactions: Grady226

Fog Ducker!

Misanthropical member
May 9, 2010
North of Kali!
Name
Dave
Boat
4 and counting!
Cart looks great!

How high are the starboard side wheels off the ground when on the back of the truck? No worry about them hitting ground when entering/leaving driveways, etc? Looks close in the pics.
By my visual calculations it would be a 39.765412598 degree rise before it would hit! :finger:

Ducker!

wdlfbio

Once you go Cat, you never go back
Sep 15, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
laurence
Boat
2021 Allied WildCat 30
Cart looks great!

Dr Fong is probably more concerned about using quality hitch pins and checking them routinely for signs of wear. At least he should be....

Roll the Bones

Dr. Fong
Jul 15, 2008
Operating Room
Name
Dr. Fong
Boat
Hewescraft 250 Alaskan
Cart looks great!

Yep we measured and did a few tests, I will have to be mindful of steep driveways, we had just a hair under a 11 inches of clearance Clarence. I will also be mindful of curbs when I back in. This is mostly to and from Westport, to and from the docks in Westport, when it is on the back of my travel trailer I am way higher as the hitch is above the Bumper. All good input, I can raise it 2" more and still be under the tailgate. If it needs to go higher I can deal with it not being under the Tailgate.

Reactions: The Peddler

Elkfins

Ungrateful Prick
Aug 8, 2008
Tacoma, WA
Name
Steve
Boat
"Cleanup Required" '99 Grady White 232 Gulfstream
Yep we measured and did a few tests, I will have to be mindful of steep driveways, we had just a hair under a 11 inches of clearance Clarence. I will also be mindful of curbs when I back in. This is mostly to and from Westport, to and from the docks in Westport, when it is on the back of my travel trailer I am way higher as the hitch is above the Bumper. All good input, I can raise it 2" more and still be under the tailgate. If it needs to go higher I can deal with it not being under the Tailgate.
As long as you watch your vector Victor, that should be enough...

The Peddler

Living vicariously through others.
May 28, 2008
Olympia, WA
Name
Matt
Boat
2400 SeaSport Explorer - "Permanent Waves"
Sweet. Just looks close in the pic.

BugeaterInWa

Fear the Corn
Aug 10, 2008
Kitsap WA
Name
Matt
Boat
Boulton
The cart and the mods are badass Dr. Fong! Will you be attaching a 10' tall orange safety flag to match the tires?

Also, did you decide if your hot air, or air pump, or helium would be best to inflate with for flotation?

goatram

Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
I need one !
There will be two available this year. One at the Ocean PSA Chapter in June or July. As the grand prize of their monthly raffle. Then one at the Washington Tuna Classic.

Mine won't have them Orange Tyres. They will be solid Black Tires.

Or you can make one yourself!

goatram

Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
no:banned: