sgwill122

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
'Lady Karen' 28 Duckworth Offshore
My days of carrying loaded coolers of fish up the dock are numbered. Looking for recommendation on a cart. I am a trailer queen so looking for something compact to keep in the back of the truck bed. The foldable carts look nice and compact and I was hoping someone here had one they recommended.

Phat Boat

Apr 18, 2004
San Diego
Name
Jon
Boat
Grady White Marlin 300
I bought one of the fold up carts/wagons from costco and it works great. I move fish and gear and its strong and has held up well. Its on its third season.

Its similar to this one from west marine

The newest version at costco is even beefier than the one I have.

liltrouble

Jun 9, 2012
ShillCreek, WA USA
Name
Shari
Boat
Mr. Buttercup
I use one of these. My coolers fit on it great. I also have a masonry tub that I can put on the deck to hold smaller stuff. It folds up and goes in the back of the truck. I also have a locking cable in case any of you scoundrels are getting any ideas.

After my spinal cord injury, and some of the weird neurological crap I have, I can't lift something like a wheelbarrow or dock cart and still walk at the same time. I can push down, like with my walker, and this cart, and do just fine. I also have a hinged board and can fill the thing up with firewood and with the wheels being in the middle, it makes it easy too for going up a ramp vs lifting and going up hill. Push down and push forward.

Reactions: sgwill122

Cwillis

Sometimes you're top boat...sometimes you're not.
Jul 15, 2009
Woodinville, WA
Name
Casey
Boat
23 Pacific
I have a folding one from amazon that works. If you really want to do it right get a pic from @Team Sency. His is best.

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
Thanks guys this has given me more options to consider.

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
Thanks John, I thought you would post a pic of your sweet custom dock cart. I gotta go with something low profile or I lose cooler space in the bed. I am leaning towards a convertible hand truck.

slab tech 1

Works overrated- lets go fishing
Apr 1, 2011
Ferndale
Name
Eric
Boat
Parker 2520 XL
I was eyeballing one around Christmas time that was at west marine. It was a tailgate model that folded up and had off-road type wheels.

Blackfish

Sep 20, 2005
Shithole
Name
Boat
toy
I use this four times a week. I lug around an 85lb pitching machine and four buckets of balls and whatever else I can fit into it. I had it for a year. Still going strong.

Amazon product

Cabo queen

Well-Known "Member"
Nov 24, 2012
san diego
Name
jimmini cricket
Boat
Queen Qu

SLYDOG

(:
Feb 11, 2015
Tacoma, WA
Name
John
Boat
2015 210 Hewescraft Searunner ET HT
Rubbermaid big wheel cart at HD for $159. It will hold alot of fish, ice, gear and easy to steer.

I also use one of these. They are kinda big and bulky but to save truck bed space I flip it over over and lay it over an ice chest. Utilizes the space better.

sgwill122

Feb 21, 2011
Redmond/WA/USA
Name
Stephen
Boat
Mission accomplished,, I picked up a 3-1 had truck at Costco today for $75. It will fit on the side of the truck bed plus I have needed a dolly several times and now have one.

Reactions: jer dog

goatram

Notable Member Gate Keeper to the Great Northwest
Apr 3, 2008
Stanwood, WA
Name
grrrrrrrr
Boat
33' RBW MISS ELIZA
But buying it from Costco,
If it ever falls apart, you can return it.
I repair not replace. Just built a 50" by 28" with 6" tall sides. Wheels are 10" semi hard i.e. no air like Charlies above. Charlie made it so he can mount it up to his trailer hitch. As always you have to improve stuff when you do R&D. Cart that was powdercoated Red. It was Pain-ted

Attachments