fishordie

I've posted enough I should edit this section
Aug 31, 2005
Calabasas CA
Name
Jamie
Boat
2013 Ranger Z521 with 250 Merc.: Now deceased.. Thank goodness
I cannot believe how amazing the fishing is this season. We are now in prime time for the 7 - 10 day adventures.

2 trips I would absolutely consider getting on immediately:

2 spots opened up on the next Excel 8 day, Pelagic gear charter leaving the same day we get in, September 12. This trip has been sold out for months so these last minute openings are your golden opportunity. Don't miss this opportunity as the Excel has the total inside track based on the trip we are on now.

Come join me and the gang on the Royal Polaris for the Bob Sands Tackle 10 day, leaving September 28. I have been asked to be the charter master on this trip while Sal, the owner of Bob Sands, will be supplying me with all sorts of great give-aways. Frank is providing us R.P. sweat shirts and mother nature could continue to give up her amazing bounty. 10 days creates the ultimate chance for a true mixed bag bonanza. Come join me and the other guys from the Bob Sands Tackle group to see if we cannot re create the kind of fishing I am so fortunate to be experiencing now.

DO NOT MISS OUT ON SOME OF THE BEST FISHING SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA HAS SEEN IN YEARS. GET OFF THE FENCE, TAKE LIFE BY THE BALLS AND COME ON OUT TO FIND PEACE AND JOY ON THIS GIFT CALLED SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA LONG RANGE FISHING.

Jamie

XL1

XL1
Aug 26, 2011
usa
Name
XL
Boat
www.excelsportfishing.com
Yes in a crazy turn of events we lost 3 anglers just days before departure. These are the only spots we currently have available until The SALY DAWG 15 day in Feb of 2014!
https://booking.excelsportfishing.com/sales/<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

Soda Pop

Feb 12, 2011
Fresno, CA
Name
David Rouse
Boat
Long range fishing
I am on the SALTY DAWG trip. See you in Feb. This will be fun.

The Bushman

The Bushman
Mar 5, 2005
El Cajon
Name
Ken Bush
Boat
everyone elses
We still have a few spots open on my Intrepid Charter in two weeks...... 10 day leaving Sept 23.
Fishing is wide open now...If you can't make Jamie's trips, come join us.

XL1

XL1
Aug 26, 2011
usa
Name
XL
Boat
www.excelsportfishing.com
A few spots left this season due to cancellations on the INDY and The EXCEL...
Don't miss out
<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
Actually this would be a good chance for BD admin -Ali, Jason, Danny to start a new subject thread "sportboat spots to be filled" . There has been a ton of spots made available lately in LR, short range and charter and people have been posting it everywhere. It would be good to have a go to spot for it.

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
Actually this would be a good chance for BD admin -Ali, Jason, Danny to start a new subject thread "sportboat spots to be filled" . There has been a ton of spots made available lately in LR, short range and charter and people have been posting it everywhere. It would be good to have a go to spot for it.
Why would it be a "good chance for BD admin" ? What would be in it for them? Where's the WIFM? I don't get it.... Trip planning and sharing already exists...

Please advise...

vegasandre

Aug 20, 2010
San Diego
Name
Andre
Boat
Any Boat that I can go on
Trip sharing and planning is not utilized that much . Seems like its more for the PB crowd. Just seems like there has been a lot of people posting available spots all over the place. I for one would like to see all the spot requests in one place as I do sometimes go at last minute. If someone is selling a rod and reel - we know where to look. If someone is "selling" a spot or needs one filled- we don't know where to look. Seems like it would be a simple thing to do - add a column.

mattyd102477

Jul 5, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Name
Matt
Boat
None
Trip sharing and planning is not utilized that much . Seems like its more for the PB crowd. Just seems like there has been a lot of people posting available spots all over the place. I for one would like to see all the spot requests in one place as I do sometimes go at last minute. If someone is selling a rod and reel - we know where to look. If someone is "selling" a spot or needs one filled- we don't know where to look. Seems like it would be a simple thing to do - add a column.
Agreed.

@-EZ

Fail, try again.
Apr 9, 2007
San Diego, CA.
Name
Max
Boat
Trophy Pro, @-EZ
So I understand you're recommending the following;
California Sport fishing reports> California boats and services> Sportboat spots to be filled ????

Seems to me it would be harder to educate the general populous that it even exists, let alone folks acutally taking the time to find it.

It is food for thought, however, I don't believe the juice would be worth the squeeze.

Just my thought's.

Thank you for the response.

Ibseeker

Runaway grunt
Aug 18, 2009
IB CA
Name
CJ
Boat
None
The "Open Sportboat Spots Thread" makes a lot of sense to me.

I have 4 open spots on the Pacific Voyager and have been trying to get the word out. There are multiple places to post the thread but don't know if they are even being read.
The low responses could be because of the many open spots, it's hard to say but this idea makes sense.
I guess it's ok to keep posting the open spots to keep it up front.
I don't want to poach on another thread.

A 4 day trip for 12 guys for $1100...It seems like this would be an easy trip to sell.

fyermn

Sep 2, 2005
Utah
Name
Dan
Boat
LONG RANGE fishing
I also agree with having a particular spot to see if there are any open trips or spots to fill at the last minute.

salty brain

Nothing but salt between the ears
Sep 25, 2012
OC
Name
Dave
Boat
what ever floats
I agree would be nice to see open spots to be filled at the last minute. Like right now just found out I have 3 free days could jump on a boat,But might as well wait have a 7 day on the 29th.(just want to scratch the itch!!!)