Luke

Uses alot of bait!
Aug 19, 2006
Laguna Niguel
Name
Luke
Boat
none
In 2019 fishing 30# made a difference.....

I was there twice and both times there was a period of smaller fish (40# to 60#) that were tough to get to bite. It required smaller hooks and lighter line. It was very hard to get bit on 40# and 50# was impossible. Both my trips were successful resulting in 9 YFT on the first and then 11 YFT.....of those 20 fish 9 were caught on 30# FC.

Guadalupe is my favorite LR destination. Since it has been re-opened I have been fortunate to be there 7 times. In total I have been there about 20 times going back to the 1970s, kind of forgotten some of the earliest trips. One thing I have concluded is every trip there is different and to be successful an angler must be willing to observe, analyze and adapt. The very last thing I wanted to do was fish 30# last year but it was either fishing 30# with an extreme drag or not get bit. Seemed to work out pretty good.

So friends do let friends fish 30# at Guadalupe!

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

I Post A Lot But I Can't Edit This
Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
In 2019 fishing 30# made a difference.....

I was there twice and both times there was a period of smaller fish (40# to 60#) that were tough to get to bite. It required smaller hooks and lighter line. It was very hard to get bit on 40# and 50# was impossible. Both my trips were successful resulting in 9 YFT on the first and then 11 YFT.....of those 20 fish 9 were caught on 30# FC.

Guadalupe is my favorite LR destination. Since it has been re-opened I have been fortunate to be there 7 times. In total I have been there about 20 times going back to the 1970s, kind of forgotten some of the earliest trips. One thing I have concluded is every trip there is different and to be successful an angler must be willing to observe, analyze and adapt. The very last thing I wanted to do was fish 30# last year but it was either fishing 30# with an extreme drag or not get bit. Seemed to work out pretty good.

So friends do let friends fish 30# at Guadalupe!
Friends don’t let friends fish 30! Lol

Upvote 0

skipjackrobert

Apr 2, 2013
The OC
Name
Rob
Boat
The Constitution or Tomahawk with Stan
I fished 40 when other folks were on 80 and 60 and 50! 30 sucks but it the worst scenario but I get it! 30 is NOT normal!

Upvote 0

Cubeye

Jan 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Name
Kub
Boat
17' Gregor
Many years ago, before the Lupe was turned into a sanctuary, and before the big YFT came to the island, 40# was the norm. I used 40, 30, and even 25#. A 100# YFT was unheard of.

Fishing is dynamic. Fishing conditions change. You need to "adapt....improvise...overcome" (Gunny Highway)

Upvote 0