Nov 18, 2018
Central Coast California
Name
Ross
Boat
20’ Skipjack
Aloha all!

Anybody have any advice on installing a swim platform? I want to put one on my 20’ Skipjack for diving/spearfishing. Is this something I should hire a pro for or easy enough to do on my own? I’m not super handy on boats just yet, but learning as I go. If it’s something you think I could order and then just follow easy directions on install, then please let me know. Thanks team!

Upvote 0

sbsurfer

I Should Upgrade My Account
Feb 19, 2010
Name
Mark
Boat
29ft Radon - 15ft Hobie Power Skiff
You'll want to make sure the transom is properly supported to take on the weight wherever you decide to mount the swimstep. I'd also overdrill the holes, then fill with epoxy mixture then redrill proper size...this way no water penetrates the transom.

Upvote 0

Trayscool

Captain
Sep 26, 2008
Long Beach
www.skipjackmafia.com
Name
Travis
Boat
NO BOATS
I found a sea ray teak swim platform on craigslist that fit perfect on the back of my old 20' skipjack. Was very easy to install. I had to trim it a couple inches on each side. 8 years later and its still on there. heres a couple of old pics

photo-5-2.jpg photo-4-3.jpg

Upvote 0

karlow

Twins 2017
Apr 29, 2004
Duarte/Covina
Name
karl
Boat
20' skippy Topless /17' whaler Wet Ride (sold) /18' Outrage
There are lots of Skippy's with them. One thing,do your self a favor and thru bolt that thing in place. Mine was not originally bolted in place. It's amazing when you turn around and look back only to note that the bait tank is gone. And the swim step is gone!

Upvote 0